Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My Typhoon H vs Inspire 1 saga-spring shootout

A good attempt.

My initial interpretation:
a) you fly the Inspire with much more confidence. This leads to a more engaging video for the Inspire. This is important : if you fly the Inspire better that counts for an incredible amount of getting good footage.
b) Yuneec appears to be in the Gorgeous format, which is higher in contrast and saturation, so the actual video coloring is not representative between the two platforms.
c) the Inspire video appears flat in most cases, as a continuation of point b).
d) parts of the videos appear to be shot on different days, or at least with a different set of cloud cover which effects the color toning a great deal.
e) really difficult to judge sharpness with the constant moving shots, especially since the camera angles are different. The rendering of the footage on both platforms is constantly changing the bitmap/pixelization format of each frame which shifts the frame-to-frame quality, especially in the 1080p format on YouTube. Would be nice if you could provide the raw footage via Dropbox or other solution (look at odrive.com).
f) In general I would say the Inspire is better in 70% due to more natural tones.
g) the basic footage I get from my Typhoon H is better then either of these, so again, difficult to judge.
h) seems to be a situation of just go flying with what you have between these two (I should listen to myself!).

Thanks again!

Reactions: vergecraft
I would discount the differences in color as for anything serious I would be shooting in a setting that provided the greatest latitude for dynamic range and I’d be using FCP X for post processing.

Discounting time of day/weather variations the two seem relatively close in terms of video.

The movements definitely hinder judgement on sharpness but again that’s something addressable in post.

4K video instead of HD might show more.

In conclusion I don’t see huge differences if you discount the camera settings used. Obviously if you’re going to use the video without post processing then you’d work to optimize camera settings in both.

Reactions: vergecraft
A good attempt.

My initial interpretation:
a) you fly the Inspire with much more confidence. This leads to a more engaging video for the Inspire. This is important : if you fly the Inspire better that counts for an incredible amount of getting good footage.
b) Yuneec appears to be in the Gorgeous format, which is higher in contrast and saturation, so the actual video coloring is not representative between the two platforms.
c) the Inspire video appears flat in most cases, as a continuation of point b).
d) parts of the videos appear to be shot on different days, or at least with a different set of cloud cover which effects the color toning a great deal.
e) really difficult to judge sharpness with the constant moving shots, especially since the camera angles are different. The rendering of the footage on both platforms is constantly changing the bitmap/pixelization format of each frame which shifts the frame-to-frame quality, especially in the 1080p format on YouTube. Would be nice if you could provide the raw footage via Dropbox or other solution (look at odrive.com).
f) In general I would say the Inspire is better in 70% due to more natural tones.
g) the basic footage I get from my Typhoon H is better then either of these, so again, difficult to judge.
h) seems to be a situation of just go flying with what you have between these two (I should listen to myself!).

Thanks again!

Wow, you must be a detective. You are right at some points like with the rape flowers. The Inspire footage was about 4 to 5 in the afternoon and the Typhoon H was from the morning after. I didn't know that it was in gorgeous mode. Once again, you were right there. The cherry blossoms footage were taken minutes apart though.

Unfortunately, I just go flying when there is time, so I am sorry my friend for the lack of quality. I am also not confident with the Typhoon H, as well at the Inspire 1. I have not been flying for a while. But thanks for the insights. It would really help me a lot. I hope I could make it better next time.

I would discount the differences in color as for anything serious I would be shooting in a setting that provided the greatest latitude for dynamic range and I’d be using FCP X for post processing.

Discounting time of day/weather variations the two seem relatively close in terms of video.

The movements definitely hinder judgement on sharpness but again that’s something addressable in post.

4K video instead of HD might show more.

In conclusion I don’t see huge differences if you discount the camera settings used. Obviously if you’re going to use the video without post processing then you’d work to optimize camera settings in both.

Sorry about the movement my friend. And thanks for giving it time. I am taking into considerations all your suggestions. I would try it in 4k next time, when my new computer arrives. Thanks for being patient with me..

Don’t worry about the movement too much. It is at least a sign of the effectiveness of the camera mount in reducing vibration.

I look forward to seeing more of your flights.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daps20