Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need to know: Product and company response

Started 3 days ago flying a Ominus fpv- so far the wind has kept me indoors-
But I am flying it in the living room!

*ATTENTION MEMBERS - While we welcome debate, keeping it friendly is also a requirement. Please do not answer with "google it" as that is non-productive. If you are not willing to answer the OP please just pass it by. We are all here for the same reason, the love of our UAV's, please be nice when using the forums. Thank you.

Think.jpg

Reactions: QuadBart
Every question on his list could have been answered many times over with a basic Google search. Even a You Tube search would have provided ample information, as would have using the search function of this and other forums. Think about what that implies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This forum is turning into a paranoia filled environment. We have the same 3-4 individuals shutting down anyone who may stray away from their line of thought. A number of valuable members have been either kicked out or left voluntarily. I used to come on here every day. User activity has been dropping over the last few months and usually the same moderators must answer posts. I don't learn anything from these same few people. If you want, go ahead and delete my acct as you've done to others, but this is only going to cause this forum its ultimate demise because of some very biased, opinionated and paranoid moderators.

This forum is turning into a paranoia filled environment. We have the same 3-4 individuals shutting down anyone who may stray away from their line of thought. A number of valuable members have been either kicked out or left voluntarily. I used to come on here every day. User activity has been dropping over the last few months and usually the same moderators must answer posts. I don't learn anything from these same few people. If you want, go ahead and delete my acct as you've done to others, but this is only going to cause this forum its ultimate demise because of some very biased, opinionated and paranoid moderators.
I sorry you feel this way. The rule we enforce the most is to be nice. Staff members only discipline members who abuse the guidelines. Staff members operate only by the guidelines, if anyone see's something different going on PM an administrator. There is also a report button you can use if you see a problem that needs the staffs attention. There is even an ignore button in everyones profile so if you want to block someone you can. Again, if you see an issue, contact a staff member or use the report button.

Here are the rules we govern by - Community Rules

PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC. Thank you.

Reactions: Dariusmixich
Back to the original topic question, and without calling out one company or another, I have an example of Yuneec customer service to offer.

On 12/17/16 I experienced a fly away with my H. This is one of the fist batch to be production released and I obtained it in April after waiting on the pre-order lists for awhile. On the same day I contacted Yuneec about the problem and was asked to provide my telemetry for review. After reviewing the telemetry Yuneec provided a repair ticket. Due to the Christmas holiday I didn't receive the shipping authorization until 12/29. They were out for a week. I won't ding 'em for that, heck, I was out for two weeks. Yuneec received the H on January 6, 2017. Today I received an e-mail from Yuneec showing the repair as complete. Below is a copy of the billing statement. Note the amount due at the bottom.

Thank you for shopping at Yuneec USA Inc..

Your order no. YUS00***** has been fulfilled.
Order Summary:

Item
Qty
Brief Description
Rate
Amount
Typhoon H 1 Includes ST16 Transmitter, CGO3+ Camera Gimbal, One Flight Battery, Propellers, Charging Accessories In Color Box $0.00
YUNTYH116SVC 1 Typhoon H GPS Module Circuit Board (Authorized Service Use Only) $39.99 $39.99
YUNTYH112SVC 1 Typhoon H Upper Cover Accessories (Authorized Service Use Only) $5.99 $5.99
YUNTYH123SVC 1 Typhoon H Shrapnel Accessory (Authorized Service Use Only) $1.99 $1.99
YUNTYH109 2 Typhoon H Retract Module $29.99 $59.98
YUNTYH110 1 Typhoon H Landing Gear Assembly $9.99 $9.99
Discount ($117.94)
Total $0.00

Something perhaps useful is it appears they call the gimbal safety pins a "Shrapnel Accessory". Didn't know that, and I find it amusing.

I cannot find any reason to complain about Yuneec's customer service. They pick up the phone and answer using my first name every time I call. They were more than gracious in taking care of me for a camera problem of my own doing. When they didn't have an answer to a question they have expended the effort to call me back or send an e-mail for an info update. They have every time been pleasing to deal with and have been accepting of information where I had more knowledge of the subject matter than they did. All in all, they work with their customers and go the distance in assuring the customer experience is as good as it can be, even if a problem is encountered.

Yuneec- Thank you for doing business as you do and the way you treat your customers.

Rolex, consider the Autel XSP, it's fantastic. Also customer service is the best. I have one and love it heaps. Easy to fly and beautiful quality camera. Also cheaper than the others. The best part is, in the 2nd quarter of this year, they will release the same camera that DJi phantom 4 pro has and it will attach straight to the XSP (yep no need to buy a whole new bird just to upgrade the camera.) Its truly a fantasic quad.) I love the H but there are other options for beginners.
Just something to consider ontop of the other suggestions.

I ended up with the xsp. Money was the biggest factor.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Back to the original topic question, and without calling out one company or another, I have an example of Yuneec customer service to offer.

On 12/17/16 I experienced a fly away with my H. This is one of the fist batch to be production released and I obtained it in April after waiting on the pre-order lists for awhile. On the same day I contacted Yuneec about the problem and was asked to provide my telemetry for review. After reviewing the telemetry Yuneec provided a repair ticket. Due to the Christmas holiday I didn't receive the shipping authorization until 12/29. They were out for a week. I won't ding 'em for that, heck, I was out for two weeks. Yuneec received the H on January 6, 2017. Today I received an e-mail from Yuneec showing the repair as complete. Below is a copy of the billing statement. Note the amount due at the bottom.

Thank you for shopping at Yuneec USA Inc..

Your order no. YUS00***** has been fulfilled.
Order Summary:

Item
Qty
Brief Description
Rate
Amount
Typhoon H 1 Includes ST16 Transmitter, CGO3+ Camera Gimbal, One Flight Battery, Propellers, Charging Accessories In Color Box $0.00
YUNTYH116SVC 1 Typhoon H GPS Module Circuit Board (Authorized Service Use Only) $39.99 $39.99
YUNTYH112SVC 1 Typhoon H Upper Cover Accessories (Authorized Service Use Only) $5.99 $5.99
YUNTYH123SVC 1 Typhoon H Shrapnel Accessory (Authorized Service Use Only) $1.99 $1.99
YUNTYH109 2 Typhoon H Retract Module $29.99 $59.98
YUNTYH110 1 Typhoon H Landing Gear Assembly $9.99 $9.99
Discount ($117.94)
Total $0.00

Something perhaps useful is it appears they call the gimbal safety pins a "Shrapnel Accessory". Didn't know that, and I find it amusing.

I cannot find any reason to complain about Yuneec's customer service. They pick up the phone and answer using my first name every time I call. They were more than gracious in taking care of me for a camera problem of my own doing. When they didn't have an answer to a question they have expended the effort to call me back or send an e-mail for an info update. They have every time been pleasing to deal with and have been accepting of information where I had more knowledge of the subject matter than they did. All in all, they work with their customers and go the distance in assuring the customer experience is as good as it can be, even if a problem is encountered.

Yuneec- Thank you for doing business as you do and the way you treat your customers.

Agreed. I just filled out an extended survey today regarding assistance I received last week which ultimate led to a couple of RA's, but 3 days in a row on two different birds, someone answered the phone without any wait and on two of the occasions stayed with me on the phone even though it was past closing time.
A drone buddy of mind received a great offer on a DJI 4 (he's on a Q500 4K now that he bought a couple of mos. ago) that he was pumped about purchasing. I told him to make sure he did his homework because I had heard DJI's support was not so great, although the sample size was all of 1 person, he had heard that too.
Then I told him that based on what he paid for his Q he's got the best drone on the planet 'pound for pound', and he should learn and enjoy it for awhile (he's not super experienced with drones in general). But then I really emphasized how significant support is, especially for us non-engineering types and that my experiences with Yuneec Support have all been great [with one exception where the repair was being conducted by DN, who is no longer a partner btw]. Additionally a few mos. back I nearly totaled one of my H Pro's and the reason could have been questioned but it wasn't, they took care of it for me...my bill was similar to yours (N/C) except the line items had much bigger numbers. I have a comfort level that Yuneec stands behind their product and really does go out of their way in doing so...I think in some cases more than required but that's what professional companies do. So based on these experience we both agreed we're going to stick with one platform and that's going to be Yuneec.

I emailed Yuneec UK today with a query concerning the new firmware update and had an instantaneous answer. Can't do better than that!

Are you trying to hold us in suspense?-;)
No, sorry, I was responding to Q1 in the first post of this thread re Yuneec's response time.
I inquired about about the ST16 firmware version shown on the UK website. This being b27, not b30 and was informed they were 'waiting for the NFZ firmware for the B30 update'.

No, sorry, I was responding to Q1 in the first post of this thread re Yuneec's response time.
I inquired about about the ST16 firmware version shown on the UK website. This being b27, not b30 and was informed they were 'waiting for the NFZ firmware for the B30 update'.
Interesting. Does that mean I should stay on B27? I was just about to update.

Wanted to add my Yuneec customer service experience to this thread:

I took a little drive today to take my drone to the Yuneec warehouse/repair center to look into an issue I had with not being able to connect to GUI. Turns out I'm a moron, I was plugging into the real sense port not the drone port. The tech realized it right away because the rubber seal covering the real sense port was pulled out a little bit. But he started my drone and said your drone is really noisy compared to what I'm used to. So he took a look at it an noticed the internal cooling fan had broken a blade or two so he took it back and replaced it. As he was bringing it back to me he also noticed that the gimbal grommets I had on there weren't as good as the new ones he had so he asked if I could wait a few more minutes so he could replace them. He also installed the NFZ update for me. Everything was done free of charge. Can't say enough positive things about this company and my experience!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NorWiscPilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder