Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New 8050 mAh Battery for Typhoon H Available in USA

R

Rayray

Carolina Dronz, a dealer for GiFi batteries, will now offer the new 8050 mAh batteries for $99. My tests on one of these batteries gave a 25% increase in flight times over stock batteries and other batteries claiming 6300mAh.

What flight time are you hitting and is that with or without RS?

Too much debate over times of this and that. I have outlined my battery testing methods several times on the forum.

You'll get 25% more flight time over most stock and 3rd party products. RS or none, whatever...
Impressive.

Reactions: JulesTEO
What have you been getting, 25% seems fishy

Use the search function. Ray has referenced this stuff many times. If he says he is obtaining 25% more I have no problems presuming that value encompasses flight times for different conditions where such conditions impact the testing of batteries equally.

Wow if it really hits 25% more then sign me up! I might have to pick one up and try it. RS kills my batteries so badly

Not everyone is quite as excited about these batteries from some posts I've seen in other forums. A friend of mine in Australia bought one for testing. When he unpacked it he noticed the package was labeled as a toy truck. After getting the battery out of the container it was swollen and obviously would not be safe for use. After contacting the supplier he was told to return it. He replied that returning a damaged lipo isn't possible due to the fire danger. They told him to return it and label the package as a toy. He refused but sent pictures of the battery. They are refusing to replace it or give a refund. The supplier, incidentally, is GiFi in China.

There was a flight crew of an air freight 747 that found out the hard way what happens when lipo's self destruct. They died in the crash. Some companies don't care at all about your safety. The only concern is their profitability. Perhaps this one new they could get out of a warranty claim if the product was not returned. Telling the customer to lie says all you need to know about them if the story is true.

Turn off RS? I don't have it so I can only turn off the lights and GPS ;)
With the way it's setup, The RS module is always on, "turning it off" just makes the typhoon ignore it.

How often do you actually use it? If not frequently it might be beneficial to remove it until desired.

Carolina Dronz, a dealer for GiFi batteries, will now offer the new 8050 mAh batteries for $99. My tests on one of these batteries gave a 25% increase in flight times over stock batteries and other batteries claiming 6300mAh.
I bought a 7000 mah GiFi and it didn't last much over 6 months. I hope that was an exception and not the rule.

I bought a 7000 mah GiFi and it didn't last much over 6 months. I hope that was an exception and not the rule.

Hey G, how's it going?:)
I also have a 7000 from its early days. Knock on wood, but mine is still fine. I was disappointed in getting only a minute or two more flight time. Probably the stock bats are more than 5400, and the 7000 may be less than 7000.:D

This was a test 2 yrs ago by Carolina Dronz of 3 batteries. OEM, GiFi and Venom. The GiFi was the worst of the bunch and Venom was the best.

Reactions: AH-1G
Steve, that's a Q500, and 2 years is an eternity in this business. I don't have a Q500, and everything I talk about refers to the Typhoon H with current equipment. LIPOs are a rapidly evolving tech, and note that at this time, all drone LIPOs are made in China, even Venom's, and there are criticisms galore of most.

Here's a cute test done in Far-Away-Land:eek: this January with the TH, a stock battery, and the GiFi 7000. I say cute because I liked the music AND the compressed time.:D They finished with almost the same results I had when I tested the stock vs. the 7000. They got 3 minutes more with the 7000, and I got 2 more minutes, a worthless difference as far as I'm concerned.

Now for the H520 and that 30 minute ride...:)

Reactions: Mmilo1971
Steve, that's a Q500, and 2 years is an eternity in this business. I don't have a Q500, and everything I talk about refers to the Typhoon H with current equipment. LIPOs are a rapidly evolving tech, and note that at this time, all drone LIPOs are made in China, even Venom's, and there are criticisms galore of most.

Here's a cute test done in Far-Away-Land:eek: this January with the TH, a stock battery, and the GiFi 7000. I say cute because I liked the music AND the compressed time.:D They finished with almost the same results I had when I tested the stock vs. the 7000. They got 3 minutes more with the 7000, and I got 2 more minutes, a worthless difference as far as I'm concerned.

Now for the H520 and that 30 minute ride...:)

From the few insiders I have talked to the H250 has a much better battery life with camera installed. Though I've never been told number but I've been told the 30 min is very close

A deal! Now I'll have three.

I'll bet you it will do 30...without a cam mounted.:eek:

I have 3 gifi power batteries for my Q500 and yes they last longer than my 2 yuneec batteries highly recommend gifi power for the yuneec Batteries

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
essentailhoodie