Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

new firmware 2017 ?

Reaction score
Considering that many users, especially in Europe, have had enough serious problems with the latest firmware update (3.0.1 b27) yuneec wanted to know when it comes out again, which was announced in December. Do something please.

I spoke to Yuneec last week and they said that B28 may be released this week. No mention of H firmware though, just ST16. I still have altitude problem where i cant go above 119m even after changing altitude levels in GUI.

I spoke to Yuneec last week and they said that B28 may be released this week. No mention of H firmware though, just ST16. I still have altitude problem where i cant go above 119m even after changing altitude levels in GUI.
Other than some variance in the barometer roughly 122m or 400' is the ceiling in the firmware (at least in the United States) which can't be changed in the GUI. You may change it but the ceiling is still there. You need to sign a waiver with Yuneec. If they approve it you will receive a 'Special' firmware with the ceiling cap removed.

Other than some variance in the barometer roughly 122m or 400' is the ceiling in the firmware (at least in the United States) which can't be changed in the GUI. You may change it but the ceiling is still there. You need to sign a waiver with Yuneec. If they approve it you will receive a 'Special' firmware with the ceiling cap removed.
Yuneec UK say it is a fault with the firmware which will be fixed in the next release. It is only a problem since B27.

I'm with you Bob but I suspect as we get closer to the release of the 520 we'll be running into another firmware change.

I have such crappy luck with Firmware upgrades, I'm leaving mine alone unless its an absolute necessity. While its still far from perfect at least its not flipping over on landing or drifting all over the place...

Well finaly flew again today after reloading firmware and all recalibrations still loses video at about 200 ft and when landing trays to take back off .only after last update think they had a disgruntal employee software writer and this time it raced back motors and nose dived in ground after taking back off

Last edited:
This happens even when you hold the left stick all the way down for 3-5 seconds after landing? I have had nothing but gentle landings on the latest firmware.

Just bought my H a couple weeks ago, and updated to the latest firmware first thing so I have nothing to compare, but I've had nothing like those issues. Camera works fine (at least as high as I've gone, 300' or so), and the only time it's tried to re-launch itself is when I land it on very uneven terrain.

The only real issue I have is with the over-aggressive GPS positioning when trying to make small lateral movements. That, and those noisy fans on the ST16.

before this last firmware update my typhoon h flew flawlesly if your H flys fine dont update it imo

This happens even when you hold the left stick all the way down for 3-5 seconds after landing? I have had nothing but gentle landings on the latest firmware.
yes when you land it lands soft when you let off stick to push shut down on props it revs back up on the rear motors like its trying to level itself but pushes all the way till it turns over

Reactions: DB1
yes when you land it lands soft when you let off stick to push shut down on props it revs back up on the rear motors like its trying to level itself but pushes all the way till it turns over
Mine does that to unless I keep holding the stick down. Eventually you hear a change in the motors where they go to an idle state. At this point I can take my finger off the stick and press the red arm/disarm button to shutdown. Yours doesn't do that?

Reactions: JoePGM and Forrestt
Mine does that to unless I keep holding the stick down. Eventually you hear a change in the motors where they go to an idle state. At this point I can take my finger off the stick and press the red arm/disarm button to shutdown. Yours doesn't do that?
when i hold down stick it goes to idle but before you can push red button they rev and flip it foward and nothing like this or even flyaways happened till this last firmware update.dont get me wrong i love my h but they have to get this stuff straightened out i called support asked for a reboot file to start over they just want me to send it in

Reactions: DB1
Had easily updated without issue, and the combination is working perfectly, I'm unable to find any flaws. People need to also recalibrate all systems - compass, camera , etc. After the firmware upgrade.

Had easily updated without issue, and the combination is working perfectly, I'm unable to find any flaws. People need to also recalibrate all systems - compass, camera , etc. After the firmware upgrade.
good luck .people are doing all recalibrations .i even recalibrated st16 and still has issues .for mine to fly flawlessly anwith every update till last one its the firmware. glad i bought insurance incase it crashes

so far, all I've found is liability insurance. Does yours cover your UAV? If so, what all is covered, where'd you get it and how much does it cost?

I've owned my H since July and the few times my unit didn't land as expected (like
I've owned my H since July and two times mine behaved in this way.

After reading a few other posts here I think I had unintentionally/accidentally switched to smart mode (Angle mode is my normal mode) and was trying to land the H too close to me.

If I understand correctly from other posts if you try to land the H to close to you (in smart mode) it will not set completely down nor will it shut the motors off in fact it will almost always tip over in the direction away from the ST16 control unit.

Just a thought.

so far, all I've found is liability insurance. Does yours cover your UAV? If so, what all is covered, where'd you get it and how much does it cost?
State farm sells it $75. A year or if you have auto or home they just add $6. A month to your bill

Reactions: photomike72
when i hold down stick it goes to idle but before you can push red button they rev and flip it foward and nothing like this or even flyaways happened till this last firmware update.dont get me wrong i love my h but they have to get this stuff straightened out i called support asked for a reboot file to start over they just want me to send it in

Mine has done this twice and I grabbed it by the skid last time to keep it from taking back off. It's en route to Yuneec now.......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me