Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New guy with a ST16 team mode question

Reaction score
Hi all, I just signed up today but have been lurking for a few months now. Im new to the H and all drones (I hate that word) in general but have been flying 450 and 600 helis for a couple years now so I have some clue what im doing. LOL.

I recently purchased a used H and had my maiden flight with it this weekend. Everything went well although it took some getting used to do to being used to flying the quick helis. My question is, I plan on getting a 2nd ST16 for team use and im wondering if there is a way to swap channels so the sticks on the second unit could be used for the camera/gimbal control? I did some searching but there doesn't seem to be much info on how to do this. I saw the video where someone did it but there was no instruction how.

I really dont care if any of the other functions work on the 2nd unit. Its sole role is going to be for controlling the camera. Any help would be appreciated and Im sure Ill be on here way more getting to know you guys better!
Thanks

You set it up just like the Wizard. When you setup team mode, the first controller is the camera controller, the second will control the H. So one will be camera control, the other will be H control.

You set it up just like the Wizard. When you setup team mode, the first controller is the camera controller, the second will control the H. So one will be camera control, the other will be H control.

Yeah I realize that but Im wondering how to make it so the sticks control the camera functions and not those awkward dials and sliders.

Yeah I realize that but Im wondering how to make it so the sticks control the camera functions and not those awkward dials and sliders.
On the st16 that you are using for gimbal controls put the tilt and pan switches in global mode and the right stick will control the gimbal

I should have watched the video before I replied! Thats exactly what im looking for! Thanks Billy! I didnt realize the sticks became the controls when you bind the 2nd unit. That makes life much easier! So, what happens if you do it this way but the 2 switches are in a position other than down? Also, Im a bit confused on when going back to single operator. Is there something that needs to be done other than flying with the master and the slave is turned off? He said something about wiggling the H back and forth???

Thanks again!

I should have watched the video before I replied! Thats exactly what im looking for! Thanks Billy! I didnt realize the sticks became the controls when you bind the 2nd unit. That makes life much easier! So, what happens if you do it this way but the 2 switches are in a position other than down? Also, Im a bit confused on when going back to single operator. Is there something that needs to be done other than flying with the master and the slave is turned off? He said something about wiggling the H back and forth???

Thanks again!
Well what usually works is to just shut everything down. Then start up with one st16 and the H. You may have to go thru the rebind procedure...thats the rocking of the h to put in bind mode.

Also remember the first st16 you connect and put in team mode will be your gimbal controller.

Thanks again!

Turn of Team mode in the camera controlling ST before shutting both off with the drone connected. Wait for the flashing orange to stop and hear the two happy beeps. It has automatically given back flight control to what was the camera control only ST as it's the original controller. You are basically handing pilot function to new (2nd) ST when you set up team mode. The instructions are in the manual available from the Yuneec website. I followed them and the first few attempts were frustrating but it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.
The rocking is for binding which you do need to potentially do if you confuse things during the team mode transition. If you are not familiar with how to make models and bind the camera and the H you need to learn how.
If you get stuck, shut off the drone then the two controllers. Then restart the two STs and then the drone. The camera must be connected before you begin the team mode binding or unbinding procedure every time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss