Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Orlando ordinance

I have seen several of those pop up. Usually they leave sanctioned AMA fields alone. They need to fix some wording:
b) Proof that the unmanned aircraft system was operated at the direction of a governmental agency, such that it should be considered a public aircraft, constitutes an affirmative defense to any action brought under the provisions of 172 this section.

Could read that to say if you are 107 certified, you are doing so at the direction of a governmental agency. I am sure the courts would not see it that way. I am sure some jerk buzzed a football game or something, to cause them to take these steps.With all the public attractions in Orlando, I am sure they had to do something with all the tourist.

b) Proof that the unmanned aircraft system was operated at the direction of a governmental agency, such that it should be considered a public aircraft, constitutes an affirmative defense to any action brought under the provisions of 172 this section.

Could read that to say if you are 107 certified, you are doing so at the direction of a governmental agency. I am sure the courts would not see it that way.
This is referring to public entities that are operating under a 'public COA' (i.e. police, fire service). It is not part 107.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BengalFlight