Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problem Solved on controller wierdness

Reaction score
With all of the flooding going around Louisville, KY I wanted to take some video to share with my folks back home. I was not able to get close enough to the river because the roads were blocked. I had two batteries charged and wanted to fly them down for storage.
Got to my area where I help newbies learn to fly and calibrated the compass and checked the area for strong wifi signals and it was all clear. I did the preflight and it was looking good.
Feeling good about conditions, I pushed the start button and AMEE came to life. I throttled up and hovered at about 8 feet for about 45 seconds and she was rock steady. I took it up to about 50 feet and tweaked the Pan control and I heard the motors rev way up.
I know I had the WTF face on and I look up and it was still climbing. I quickly turn the pan the other direction and watched as it slowly descended I pulled the throttle all the way back and no change in descent speed.
I just did the factory reset and will see what happens next.

Anybody else experience this or something similar?

On the first flight of the day you need to let the H sit for awhile before powering up the motors. It needs the extra time to update the satellite information. If you launch too soon, you may get erratic flight.

...<snip>...

Anybody else experience this or something similar?
Nope. I do recall, however, an instance when I was doing a flight in Galloway, Scotland, last July, when shortly after taking off, the H (for want of better words to describe the actions) 'bounced' in the air several times rapidly going up and down from around 15' to 7 or 8' before finally settling down.

The location was around 200 miles away from my normal stomping ground. Yes, I let it sit for a while before arming the motors and, yes, I did a compass calibration before the flight. It took me by surprise a bit...un-nerved me somewhat.

I landed and did the full raft of calibrations and it flew fine after that and has never done it again since. I never did conclusively determine the cause. The location was on a farm track about 100m away from a small group of houses.

Could your ST16 have a couple of channels mixed up? Just a thought.

On the first flight of the day you need to let the H sit for awhile before powering up the motors. It needs the extra time to update the satellite information. If you launch too soon, you may get erratic flight.
How would that fix the control mix up? I had all of the Sat's I normally had and did the calibration for the compass.
The Sat's were solid. How would leaving it powered up change the pan control affecting the throttle?

Could your ST16 have a couple of channels mixed up? Just a thought.
I believe that is exactly what was going on. But HOW? The system had been unused for several months and no one in this house would dare touch AMEE. It is just the wife and I and the wife is a technophobe.

I believe that is exactly what was going on. But HOW? The system had been unused for several months and no one in this house would dare touch AMEE. It is just the wife and I and the wife is a technophobe.
Strange that. On the face of it there would appear to be no reason why your channels could have gotten mixed up...but it seems that they have. Maybe a question that Yuneec would like to answer.

Have you rectified the issue?

WOW.......I don't know how I missed that in your post. Don't fly it. It will shut down in flight.
You do, in fact have the rare channel glitch. Your opening screen on Channel Settings should look like the pic below. I'm guessing it has K1 also showing.
Screenshot_2017-06-22-23-05-17.png

Take a screen shot of that same screen by pressing and holding the center button below the display. It will be saved in a folder Pictures, Screenshots.
Please upload it here. If you turn the pan control during flight it can shut down the motors.

WOW.......I don't know how I missed that in your post. Don't fly it. It will shut down in flight.
You do, in fact have the rare channel glitch. Your opening screen on Channel Settings should look like the pic below. I'm guessing it has K1 also showing.
View attachment 8735

I have done a reset since flying and my screen matches the one you have above. I have not flown since the weirdness happened.
J1 through K3 HAVE FAILED

Last edited:
Okay now what call Yuneec? Or.....

I called Yuneec exactly at 8:00 a.m. and waited for five minutes to talk to a technician.
Problem SOLVED!
He had me go through the "Calibration Procedure" of the ST-16,. and it worked flawlessly.
Yuneec Is the best and well supported. I have two "H's" and just one ST-16. If the weather clears I just might go out and fly the two batteries down for storage.
I don't give out recommendations on products unless I have owned or repaired an item, I will recommend Yuneec every time. I like the fact when I bought my "H" I owned it, and did not have to worry about it getting bricked. How does DJI get away with enforcing a "Co-ownership" of a product that has been sold?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axel66