Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

question on my camera Yuneec H

Reaction score
Ok so honestly this may be my last post on this forum. I start out with every post saying the same thing, I am new and looking for help, however tons of guys seem to like to get on here and down you or talk down to me like I AM idiot. Telling me to google my questions...LOL good tip I wouldn't have thought....Meanwhile I spend hours on line studying researching, to find answers. I am a newbie and proud and looking to get knowledge anyway so hear goes.
Weird thing my camera was working flawless out of the box, all my videos are straight, and level (if that is the proper vernacular) and it seems since two days ago my horizontal view is becoming more and more off, today I could literally see one of the motors in frame the entire video. It is literally that far off. Can anyone show me good posts, or lend advice on this. I went on line and what I came up with was to calibrate my gimball so I did twice, with the switch orientation as Yuneec said to have them, still a problem...thanks?

Useitorloseit sorry to hear people on here have been like that to you as we are all newbies once and in the same hobbie I have seen posts about this problem before I don't have a H am Q500 owner so here goes try reseting camera by pushing the reset button above the s.d.card slot. its on the right very small button that looks like a vent and you would need a needle to push it try resetting the camera if that fails when did you update software on the camera

Do a quick check to make sure the Tilt Mode switch at the top left of the ST16 controller is in the central position.

I caught mine taking it out of the backpack and the camera pointed up towards the motors slightly until I centralised it again.

Reactions: useitorloseit
@useitorloseit
Are you having issues with a camera on a Typhoon G or a Typhoon H? You posted in the Typhoon G forum.
If a Typhoon H, do a "GIMBAL CALIBRATION" make sure the H is on a flat LEVEL surface before you begin, and it takes a few minutes to complete.
What others were trying to point out to you is the FORUM search function NOT a Google search.
The Magnifying glass searches ONLY this forum.

It is NORMAL if you have the camera tilted all the way up to catch the props in all your shots.

Reactions: useitorloseit
@useitorloseit
Are you having issues with a camera on a Typhoon G or a Typhoon H? You posted in the Typhoon G forum.
If a Typhoon H, do a "GIMBAL CALIBRATION" make sure the H is on a flat LEVEL surface before you begin, and it takes a few minutes to complete.
What others were trying to point out to you is the FORUM search function NOT a Google search.

It is NORMAL if you have the camera tilted all the way up to catch the props in all your shots.
Hey Bob, yeah I performed the gimbal calibration and I am good, thank you so much for the advice.

@useitorloseit

Hey Bob I am so sorry by the way I am proud H owner. I didn't realize I posted in the wrong forum LOL anyway and side note not sure if you could help me with this, I have kind of a silly question, so I went to set up play store on my ST16 long story short it has frozen on a screen that tells me to resign in....however it will not allow me to do anything? So basically put my playstore is not working, and log in is frozen and this is irritating cause there are apps I need to get :( I was going to just erase and restore the ST16 but for obvious reasons I did not unless you have heard of this and suggest doing so.

I DO NOT recommend installing any apps on your ST-16.
Other users have installed and are using play store on their ST-16 (just search on play store to see how).
The risk is, do you want some app to suddenly pop up durring a flight causing you to loose control?
To the best of my knowledge, UAV tool box which was designed by @Tuna, one of our forum members, is the only 3rd party app written solely to be installed and run on the ST-16.
It can be done, but the risk is yours.

Reactions: grandpawmoses
@useitorloseit

I DO NOT recommend installing any apps on your ST-16.
Other users have installed and are using play store on their ST-16 (just search on play store to see how).
The risk is, do you want some app to suddenly pop up durring a flight causing you to loose control?
To the best of my knowledge, UAV tool box which was designed by @Tuna, one of our forum members, is the only 3rd party app written solely to be installed and run on the ST-16.
It can be done, but the risk is yours.
Hey Bob so I am a little confused, are you gsaying not to even run the UAV toolbox? I just downloaded it, however I have not used it yet,

The ST-16 uses features from Google Play Store but it will not accept any Apps from it. Download UAV Toolbox to computer, transfer to SD card, then transfer to ST-16.

I NEVER told you to Google anything. I told you how to find multiple threads in this forum discussing your questions in depth to save everyone having to do it all again for the upteenth time. You elected to become indignant because you weren't served what you wanted on a silver platter. The way I see it you owe a lot of apologies. You're still starting out threads as if you are owed something. Oh, I wasn't born with an H in my hands, but I do fly everything except helicopters extremely well.

Reactions: FlushVision
The ST-16 uses features from Google Play Store but it will not accept any Apps from it. Download UAV Toolbox to computer, transfer to SD card, then transfer to ST-16.

I NEVER told you to Google anything. I told you how to find multiple threads in this forum discussing your questions in depth to save everyone having to do it all again for the upteenth time. You elected to become indignant because you weren't served what you wanted on a silver platter. The way I see it you owe a lot of apologies. You're still starting out threads as if you are owed something. Oh, I wasn't born with an H in my hands, but I do fly everything except helicopters extremely well.
wow Pat do you feel better, lol you really showed me, a guy that admittedly doesn't fly these things, and admittedly has been at this a couple of weeks. I have seen your name comment not only on my post, but several others and honestly seems to me all you do in your replies is stand on a soap box and explain how knowledgable you are, and how new guys have so much to learn, well if possible Pat maybe just ignore me and everything you see by me, cause your feedback has never helped. I would hate to stop coming on here because tons of guys have been helpful. so anyway good luck man I hope you find importance outside of an online forum about rc drones.

Reactions: Thomas111
Do a quick check to make sure the Tilt Mode switch at the top left of the ST16 controller is in the central position.

I caught mine taking it out of the backpack and the camera pointed up towards the motors slightly until I centralised it again.
Yeah thank you, from what I found on line I did a reset, and gimbal calibration and I am good, I am starting to see a pattern that when things don't work always try a calibration or reset? I may be wrong but that has helped me a ton.

Reactions: matttd90

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterfantastic