Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Range of Q500 4k

Reaction score
I still consider myself a rookie in the use of the Q500, I only have a few rather shy flights.

But I would like to ask my second question in the Forum: what are the symptoms or actions of the Drone or the ST10 that I will find when I start to lose the control range of the Drone ??

I ask this question because what I have read the control distance of the Drone will be determined by the type of area where I fly it. Thank you in advance for your help!

You will lose FPV before you lose radio signal. That's been my experience. Once you lose video, you have to rely on the green home arrow or just flip on home mode until you regain video

Reactions: wandy295
You will lose FPV before you lose radio signal.

That's correct. When you lose 2.4GHz RC connection, then the copter will switch to Home mode and coming back until RC connection is established again.
If RC connection and GPS are lost then the copter should hold position and land if flight battery is below voltage threshold. I have never tested this situation. I like my Q500.

br HE

That's correct. When you lose 2.4GHz RC connection, then the copter will switch to Home mode and coming back until RC connection is established again.
If RC connection and GPS are lost then the copter should hold position and land if flight battery is below voltage threshold. I have never tested this situation. I like my Q500.

br HE
Thanks! Do you know any secure average distance with the Q500??

In an open area, you could get as much as 700' before losing video. Some others have reported more.Some others have reported less.
The camera will continue to record even if you lose the feed in the box.
As long as you have telemetry in the box, your still connected to the Q with full control.
Range extenders (antennas) can get you about a mile or so.
Happy flying,
Jafo
Added: Look here
Do range extenders increase/improve video feed?

Reactions: wandy295
I have had my Q500 4K just beyond 700 feet with no problem with video, of course when flying that far it is at about 200 feet high and clear line of sight....What I am wondering is at about that high, how far will it go before it looses contact with the controller , that point where it ,on it's own, switches to return to home and comes back into range........has anybody tried that yet.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gbare