Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Recommended sd card size

Reaction score
just wondering what your recommendations are for a sd card size. My plan is to not carry my laptop out every time, especially while in a short vacation. So from what I have read it seems like a 64 would be good enough for most situations. And it should be class 10

I know it's an opened ended question. Just wondering what people are using and how many minutes of 4K video per gig.

Just gathering opinions.

Many tks

I have a 128 Gig UHS-3 class 10 card in the camera. It uses about 1.7 Gig for a 5 minute video. This would give me about 6 hours of video on the card before it is full. A 64 therefore would give you about 3 hours.This is with the camera set to default setting and audio turned on. Audio is off by default but can be enabled in camera settings. It defaults to off each time you turn it on though. The camera cuts the video into 5 minute segments. In the controller, I have a class 10 32 gig card. The card in the controller doesn't need to be fast, just the one in the camera.
One thing also is some cheaper SD cards don't work as well people have found. I use a Sandisk mean't for video cameras. Costs more, but I haven't have any problems with video yet.
I haven't tried a UHS-1 card so can't honestly advise you there. Maybe someone else could chime in?

Great information. Love the detail. Many tks. Yea I'm heading to Frys on Monday to see what deals they have on 32 and 64 cards before my drone arrives on Tuesday. Just want to have everything ready.
I look forward to other input on uhs-1 usage, if any.
Tks again

for the small difference in price I would get the 64 I have two of them
and they work great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mining_drones