Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Return to home if ST16 is turned OFF ??

I am going to have to try out if turning OFF the ST-16, could you regain control using the Wizard.
Would be great for an emergency back up if it works.

YES.....
I actually while in flight, had my ST-16 battery die.
The H flew back to near where I was standing (tail light was blinking red) and just hoovered at about 25 feet up. I am told that when the H battery got low enough it would have auto landed. In my case this would have been on top of a small tree.
I did not wait for this to happen, plugged my ST-16 into my cars USB port and was able to reconnect to the H and land it on my own.
That is my fear. I don't often take off in large open areas so a RTH without a pilot controlled decent could be problamatic.

The solution would be if Yuneec allowed there phone app which connects to the CGO3+ to also connect to the basic flight controls. This way a hovering Typhoon could be emergency landed by means of a cell phone app. Much better than waiting for the battery to hit the low battery mark and make it's own decent onto something other than solid ground.

Excellent Job Vegasrobbi ! Thanks for the video, now I have to go find the first part and watch. I have not calibrated or flown my H yet since I received it. I search for video's like this to get fully acquainted with all aspects of operation.

Thank you for taking the time. I know its not a big deal transition from Q500 but still I like to completely know ship inside out before going to field, calibrating ship and first flight.

cheers

Batfire

OK..... That was a FAIL.
Turn OFF the ST-16 with H hoovering at about 50, so the st-16 said.
Turned on the Wizard and was NOT able to get it to bind to the H. Turned the ST-16 back on, regained control and landed. Shut everything down, powered up the H, turned on the wizard, forward tilt on the H twice to bind it to the wizard. Flew around a bit and landed. Powered down, powered up the ST-16 and the H. Parked the H 50 feet up and turned off the ST-16.
Turned on the Wizard, and again could not get it to bind. Powered back on the ST-16 and landed.
It is a real shame, I hope Yuneec can come up with a fix for this, it would be a really great SAFETY feature to use the wizard as an emergency transmitter. I did not try things the other way around, turn off the Wizard and try to connect with the ST-16.
So there ya have it.
Fly safe, make sure the ST-16 is also charged before flying.

OK..... That was a FAIL.
Turn OFF the ST-16 with H hoovering at about 50, so the st-16 said.
Turned on the Wizard and was NOT able to get it to bind to the H. Turned the ST-16 back on, regained control and landed. Shut everything down, powered up the H, turned on the wizard, forward tilt on the H twice to bind it to the wizard. Flew around a bit and landed. Powered down, powered up the ST-16 and the H. Parked the H 50 feet up and turned off the ST-16.
Turned on the Wizard, and again could not get it to bind. Powered back on the ST-16 and landed.
It is a real shame, I hope Yuneec can come up with a fix for this, it would be a really great SAFETY feature to use the wizard as an emergency transmitter. I did not try things the other way around, turn off the Wizard and try to connect with the ST-16.
So there ya have it.
Fly safe, make sure the ST-16 is also charged before flying.
Each controller device has a unique ID. The aircraft can only be bound to one ID at a time. You would normally have to tilt it forward 45 degrees twice to put it in bind mode before it could be bound to a new device ID. Perhaps Yuneec has decided to make that feature not work when actually flying for safety reasons. Just my thoughts. Thanks for testing it.

Hi, I can see that RTH has been discussed a lot, but I need an answer/confirmation about what happens if the ST16 in some way get a malfunction. I have an answer from Yuneec that the H will return to the last known position of the ST16 and stay hovering there until further instruction is being giving. And we still pretend that the ST16 is down, the clock is ticking and so is the flight time of the battery. The H is hovering in 30 feets - what to do??? ;-)

Hi, I was just going thru the manual tonight and this explains it all i think.

AFTER LANDING
ALWAYS turn off Typhoon H BEFORE turning off the ST16 Ground Station. Then
remove the battery from Typhoon H and allow it to cool to ambient/room temperature
before recharging.
NOTICE: If the signal of the remote control is lost, Typhoon H will automatically
return to the home point and hold its position (with a suitable GPS signal/lock) over
the home position (except for low battery).

So yes if you have no way to communicate with copter it will hover until low battery alarm and them autoland.

Hi, I was just going thru the manual tonight and this explains it all i think.

AFTER LANDING
ALWAYS turn off Typhoon H BEFORE turning off the ST16 Ground Station. Then
remove the battery from Typhoon H and allow it to cool to ambient/room temperature
before recharging.
NOTICE: If the signal of the remote control is lost, Typhoon H will automatically
return to the home point and hold its position (with a suitable GPS signal/lock) over
the home position (except for low battery).

So yes if you have no way to communicate with copter it will hover until low battery alarm and them autoland.

I'll add a couple things to this. The H returns to the dynamic home point which is the last known position of the controller, it does not return to launch.

The H returns to about 20 feet away from dynamic home inline with the return path. I've seen reviewers say the H's RTH is very inaccurate because it returns so far away from the controller; but that is how Yuneec programs it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz