Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

SD card in the controller?

Reaction score
What's this I hear about an SD card in the controller, under the batteries? I didn't even know about that until reading on this site. How do I use that? How do I read those files too?

What's this I hear about an SD card in the controller, under the batteries? I didn't even know about that until reading on this site. How do I use that? How do I read those files too?
If you are using the ST10+ that came with the Q500 then use a MiniSD Card of 4 or 8 gig size and it can be a slow cheap card even the card that came with the craft. If it is in the controller then all your telemetry data will be recorded to it and can be retrieved later. You can use the Battery Charger Cable and plug the controller into your computer to retrieve the data from the card.

Wingshooter,
You are correct:
Been reading too many post today, So I deleted mine.
Cub28,
What wingshooter posted is correct. Just remember that your controller should be powered off before inserting or removing the SD card.

Just in case it's not routinely known, per Yuneec CS, if want any hope of getting warranty work on a fly away, they will only consider it if you can provide flight data via that card. So they told me it's very important to have a card installed all the time to provide that data should the need arise.

I noticed my Q500 has a card already installed in my controller and I got a 16GB card for the camera included aswell

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22