Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 Custom transmitter

XA4

Reaction score
Would the ST16 be able to show the video feed of a non-Yuneec video transmitter like the Boscam, ImmersionRC, etc?

All help welcome.

It is capable of only displaying video feed from the CGO3+. If you are able to produce such video stream via WiFi, it its very likely to show it. In case of Boscams / other analog transmitters, you need to convert it first to digital, then encode it similar to CGO3+'s stream, and then stream it to the ST16 like the CGO3+ does it. It is possible to do if you want, but it will require some work with Linux and FFMpeg/GStreamer etc. In the photos is my larger drone which transmits video to ST24 via Yuneec's Mk58 transmitter. Unfortunately the Mk58 is -not- compatible with ST16.

Attachments

• th-16347316686-1385x1039.jpg
    th-16347316686-1385x1039.jpg
    398.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1163.jpg
    IMG_1163.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Thanks.

Would there be a small camera + digital transmitter that I can buy that sends directly digitally? And as a result would show directly on the ST16 without extra encoding work?

Thanks.

Would there be a small camera + digital transmitter that I can buy that sends directly digitally? And as a result would show directly on the ST16 without extra encoding work?

The Yuneec's Mk58 is the closest thing I know, but it did not work with the ST16 when I tried and transferring flight software between those two radios is impossible because of different architectures (ST24 = ARM, Mediatek SOC; ST16 = x86, Intel Atom). I tried that one too a while ago. The software is written in Java, but not entirely... ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers