Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Testing the Feelworld 10.1" Monitor

The 5.8GHz video downlink is not a standard video signal. It's a standard 2-way 5.8GHz WiFi 802.11x signal that transmits a digital video stream. So, it gets encrypted just like any other standard WiFi 802.11x signal, and has to be connected to another WiFi 802.11x device. This is why one can use an Android or iOS app to decode the video, as neither an Android or iOS standard device (phone, tablet, etc.) has any sort of video demodulator hardware, but many have a 5.8GHz WiFi 802.11x radio.
Edit:
Oh, jeez! I thought I was replying to the latest post in this thread, but evidently not. I could have sworn I didn't see anything below the threads around March when talking about connecting some other box to get a video feed from the H.
I really must be getting old!

I have been looking some time for a monitor that a "co-pilot" could use to operate the cam or to just observe without sticking their nose too close to mine. This monitor is large, clear and bright, with a duplicate picture of the ST16 screen. These pics show the ST16, a 10.1" Feelworld monitor, and one Typhoon H in the air.

I'm using a 10' HDMI cable here, and a good quality cable can be even longer.

View attachment 5296
View attachment 5297

Rayray, thanks so much for this post. I ordered mine and it's even better than I thought it would be. I was surprised by how good the sunshade is.

My wife loves it for her "copilot" duties. I bought both a 10' and 15' braided HDMI cables and it works like a champ.

Reactions: Rayray
It is, mine is, Analog RF receive, not Wi-Fi, so it can not receive the CGO3+ signal. I think a poster said theirs did Wi-Fi, but mine will not.

I wasted 2 hours trying to make it work - and me a Ham Radio guy- finally realized it is Analog. I posted that somewhere, but apparently not in this thread. I do like the bright HDMI pic, exact copy of the ST16 screen.
K5RXP / AF5RXP

Reactions: kd4pbs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surmount13