Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Testing the Feelworld 10.1" Monitor

Hi I got mine 2 days ago,,,,I can't so far get the 5,8Ghz from the cam! The FW is scaning through all channels but doesn't find the cam. Why?? That means I've to use the HDMI cable and it works great. But I want the 5,8Ghz as well. What to do? I don't think it's because the antennas as the distance between the cam and ST16 was just about 4-5meters.indoors. Luftdrone.dk Did you try the ScreenShot succesfully? I did not.

According to a FB user on a danish group, the signal from the TH is 5.8ghz wifi and the FW 10" is analog (for fpv racers etc). So that explains why it cant pick up the signal from the TH camera. So unless we can find a "converter" from digital to analog w/hdmi adapter we will just have to "settle" for the otherwise usefull HDMI input ;)

It is, mine is, Analog RF receive, not Wi-Fi, so it can not receive the CGO3+ signal. I think a poster said theirs did Wi-Fi, but mine will not.

I wasted 2 hours trying to make it work - and me a Ham Radio guy- finally realized it is Analog. I posted that somewhere, but apparently not in this thread. I do like the bright HDMI pic, exact copy of the ST16 screen.

Reactions: Bullhorn1976
It is, mine is, Analog RF receive, not Wi-Fi, so it can not receive the CGO3+ signal. I think a poster said theirs did Wi-Fi, but mine will not.

I wasted 2 hours trying to make it work - and me a Ham Radio guy- finally realized it is Analog. I posted that somewhere, but apparently not in this thread. I do like the bright HDMI pic, exact copy of the ST16 screen.

hehe, the ol´ saying about the trees and the forrest, right? ;) Anyways I am enjoying this monitor as an extension of the ST16 and I am sure my customers will too once the weather clears up and new potential customers are hunted down.....literally by drone :)

Reactions: spotondl and Rayray
Great posts. I have heard others saying their 5.8 Gig monitors cannot receive the Typhoon H video, leaving you with the only option of using an HDMI cable. Wonder if the video is encrypted. Or as PatR stated, it might be an interstitial channel.

Interesting about that Danish group stating the signal is WiFi - never thought that would automatically mean the signal is digital, and I am a ham too. Go figure. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Luftdrone.dk
I emailed Yuneec Customer Service about FPV monitors for the Typhoon H, their response was they have not tested third party monitors. Am okay with that so will just look for one as described in the previous posts. Thanks for the suggestions.

Oh - on a whim I ordered an HDMI to component video cable just to see if it would work with a portable TV that doubles as a monitor. It does not have an HDMI port though, just component inputs.

Ray,

I hope you're still happy with this monitor. I just bought one. If there's anything you've learned since this thread went quiet that you might like to share I'm certainly interested.

Hmm...delayed reaction there, Pat.
No, it still works fine. To me the only unsettling thing is no USA dealer (Amazon is not a dealer), no warranty in reality. I searched in vain for a replacement internal battery, cause I like redundancy. Easy enough to use an external supply. (Camera batteries recommended will not fit.)

Mine came with a sunscreen that is useful, although the screen seems brighter than the ST16 screen. Use a quality HDMI cable, but one that is also flexible. I put an HDMI ell on the ST16.

You being a great researcher, if you find a replacement internal battery let me know.

Thanks Ray. Thanks for the tip about the ell.

I usually don't obtain things until they will be used a lot. Back when this thread was active here wasn't a lot of need. Conditions changed. I'll look around for batteries but to be candid I'll probably do what was done for my 7" monitors and make a power cable to allow use of a 2S lipo that will be attached to either the back of the monitor or the tripod.

Yep, may as well. The internal bat lasts pretty well.

I see newer monitors with more resolution and brighter screens. The resolution doesn't matter as long as it matches or is better than the ST16, and the newer monitor gobbles a full amp at 12 v. No bueno.

The best use of the monitor is for providing an on site customer a view of the subject matter to assist with view corrections for imagery capture. They don't need the best of the best to accomplish that;). A good secondary use would be in a two operator shoot to assist the flight operator. The flight operator doesn't need to be concerned with the image quality, they have the payload operator to handle that.

Ya know, I just love any product that can exit the box it arrived in and work the way it's supposed to without having to first do a bunch of settings set up work. This monitor just landed on that list of things. Charge it, put it on a tripod, connect to the ST-16 and there ya go. The image is quite good. Thanks for all the info about this one guys!

I just love any product that can exit the box it arrived in and work the way it's supposed to

Oh my, you know I can't resist stuff like this. Did you video it exiting the box?:eek: Aack--put that down, Pat...:cool:

Oh my, you know I can't resist stuff like this. Did you video it exiting the box?:eek: Aack--put that down, Pat...:cool:

I don't ever do "unboxing" stuff:mad: Ya seen one you've seen them all;) Good thing you were out of arm's reach:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surmount13