Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TH 520 Now on USA Website

R

Rayray

H520 Overview

The 520 and 920 Plus are moved into a "Commercial" section. 520 pricing is not posted.

Note again that TH downloads are now correct for firmware.

Reactions: Niblett
I wonder if the E50x will fit our H

One can hope.

I asked Yuneec directly if the CGO-ET is the same camera for the H as well as for the H520. Was told they are one in the same. Extrapolating from that, one should be able to surmise the camera/gimbal mount is the same between the H and the H520, thus the CGO-CI/E50x should have the same mount. What's left? The CGO-CI/E50x supported by the H, bound to the ST16 when bound to the H. That is the final question.

Keeping fingers crossed for the definitive word!

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
I am anxious to see what the specifications on the new E90x and E50x are, and if they will fit to our Typhoon H. A better camera on the H would really make it the top dog in the prosumer market in my estimation. Here's to hoping it does.

Pat

I truly thought I had outgrown any form of avidity.

Sat here reading the specs and info on the Yuneec website in relation to the H520 and am positively drooling over the E90x and the E50x.

Effectively 16mm wide angle and 50mm or 4X magnification respectively slurp .... whoops, there I go again.

If these will slip onto the H480 and actually work I do believe I will literally wet myself :D

The CGO-ET does so we can but hope.

Reactions: Robert Brooks
I'm curious about other specs such as sensor, sensor board, bit rate etc. and whether or not the cameras themselves have been upgraded. I'm hoping these new cameras aren't just a CGO3+ with a different lens and badge. I guess, I'm thinking if they are, why not just buy a couple CGO3+'s and customize them with the desired lenses so they are purposed like the E90x E50x unless the (to be determined) pricing for those cameras turns out to be reasonable based on the yet to be determined actual specs assuming they are actually better internally from a CGO3+. And hey, maybe no fan noise for us ActionCam users.

I'm curious about other specs such as sensor, sensor board, bit rate etc. and whether or not the cameras themselves have been upgraded. I'm hoping these new cameras aren't just a CGO3+ with a different lens and badge. I guess, I'm thinking if they are, why not just buy a couple CGO3+'s and customize them with the desired lenses so they are purposed like the E90x E50x unless the (to be determined) pricing for those cameras turns out to be reasonable based on the yet to be determined actual specs assuming they are actually better internally from a CGO3+. And hey, maybe no fan noise for us ActionCam users.

From earlier product notes, the offerings for cameras were to be: CGO3+, CGO-CI, and CGO-ET. The ET is the same as currently offered for the H. I believe the CI is the 50mm version. That leaves the CGO3+ as the E90x.

I will be sure to edit the above if I find out differently.

Jeff

I'm afraid the 1 in. censor on the DJI Phantom 4 will continue to outshine anything that Yuneec presents in this round of updates...but I would certainly be pleased if I'm once again wrong.

"Thank you for your interest
H520 is coming Soon"

What happened to all the specs and info?

Introduction postponed / cancelled ??????

One can hope.

I asked Yuneec directly if the CGO-ET is the same camera for the H as well as for the H520. Was told they are one in the same. Extrapolating from that, one should be able to surmise the camera/gimbal mount is the same between the H and the H520, thus the CGO-CI/E50x should have the same mount. What's left? The CGO-CI/E50x supported by the H, bound to the ST16 when bound to the H. That is the final question.

Keeping fingers crossed for the definitive word!

The definitive word is that the e50 will indeed mount the Typhoon H, as will the ET and CGO3+.
One of the major benefits of the Yuneec camera system is the ability to swap out cameras at will. Third parties can also build camera systems for this platform, and while it's been slow to start, it *has* started.

From earlier product notes, the offerings for cameras were to be: CGO3+, CGO-CI, and CGO-ET. The ET is the same as currently offered for the H. I believe the CI is the 50mm version. That leaves the CGO3+ as the E90x.

I will be sure to edit the above if I find out differently.

Jeff

Jeff, so the E90x is the CGO3+ just like we have on the Typhoon H?

Jeff, so the E90x is the CGO3+ just like we have on the Typhoon H?

The different name suggest it may be an evolution rather than the exact same camera. A year on from the CGO3+, it wouldn't be too much of a surprise to find a camera with similar basic specs (field of view, video resolution etc.) but next generation hardware inside. That might improved better optics, improved radio, better encoding or wider dynamic range. Or it might just need less power to run - which gives you better flight times. Until someone's got one in their hand, it's all just speculation.

When I decided to go with Yuneec, my biggest hesitation was the "proprietary" camera. Then the Hero 5 came out and all my GoPro investment was pretty much wasted. I've owned all versions of CGO cameras and despite all the DJI troll based slamming of the smaller sensor, Yuneec is proving me right. They have steadily improved a reliable airworthy platform that in my opinion is the most stable off the shelf video platform you can buy today on an impulse from multiple online and brick and mortar retailers.

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
I love them both but if I am paying that sort of price for my next UAV i want the latest ST16, not the older version.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital