Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Thunderstorm Video

Reaction score
Anyone have any aerial thunderstorm video? Thinking about trying to get some before summer is gone. I would love to get some good lightning video (e.g. get the video, land, run for cover before downdrafts/outflow hit kinda thing).

I'd also love to get some tornado footage if positioned correctly outside the storm path.

I did get some night time video footage of a thunderstorm, but it was less than spectacular due to the low sensitivity of the CGO3+. I also did some 2 second stills and did catch a brighter, almost acceptable image of the lightning, but the noise was unacceptable to me. The next step is to do some dark and bias calibration frames to mathematically subtract some of the fixed pattern noise, but I've noticed that the LED on the CGO3+ ruins any dark calibration frames taken. Eventually I'll just snip the LED on the camera and do it properly.

Yeah, I just tried to capture the sun light at dusk off some clouds. The video looked better than the still pics. A cloud got in the way too.
YUN00007-2.jpg

YUN00007-2.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gsdmama08