Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon Beeping With a Light Purple Light

Reaction score
I just brought in my H from some flights around the river and landed it. No problem. As I approached it the H started flashing a pale purple light and beeping like crazy. I powered it down, powered it back up, and the beeping and flashing persisted. No power to rotors when pressing the red start button.

Brought it back home for a closer look and I'm having the same problems. Changed batteries, tried to re-bind the H and camera but nothing changed. Moment I power up the H it goes into this beeping frenzy.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just brought in my H from some flights around the river and landed it. No problem. As I approached it the H started flashing a pale purple light and beeping like crazy. I powered it down, powered it back up, and the beeping and flashing persisted. No power to rotors when pressing the red start button.

Brought it back home for a closer look and I'm having the same problems. Changed batteries, tried to re-bind the H and camera but nothing changed. Moment I power up the H it goes into this beeping frenzy.

Any ideas?

The ST16 battery is OK, right?
Call YuneecUSA right now, they are still at work in CA, and see if they can help...Call, don't email...
1-844-898-6332

Boy, don't ask scary questions unless you're ready for scary answers.

I put in a call to Yuneec CA and got support for the trouble I was having with my Typhoon, i.e., the beeping, the flashing light, and the rotors not turning on. The tech told me it sounded like my H had become unbound somehow and had to be put through the binding process again. I had to clear the Flight Data in the ST16 first and then start from scratch binding the unit, starting with selecting a model and going from there.

The Typhoon unbinding on its own? I asked her how that could happen and she replied it could occur for any number of reasons and does happen. So we went through the binding process, restarted the H, and the beeping stopped and the rotors spun again. All at least appears well.

Thirty seconds before my H beeped and became unbound immediately after I landed it on the beach, I was about 75' in the air over water about 15 feet deep and way too cold for me to play around in. I shudder to think what would have happened if my aircraft became unbound just thirty seconds earlier.

I absolutely love my H and am enjoying it immensely. But right now I sure do wish it had a backup transmission link to its controller like the new Mavic does. Now "unbinding" has replaced my fear of a "fly away."

May not have been a binding issue. If you have a stick out of center, it will beep continuously. You can have the neck strap leaning against on of the sticks and it will do this. I would go to the hardware monitor screen and make sure all are centered.

Reactions: abinder
I checked out the sticks in the hardware monitor and both are centered. Also, I don't have a neck strap. I carry the ST16, so it couldn't have been that, either. But thanks for the thought.

The ST-16 has lost calibration. You can handle this at home after accessing the secret menu in the 16. Do a search for the "beeps of death" thread.

I see you experienced the same problem last August, as did others. Never read or heard anything about the "beeps of death" until I heard them come from my own TH yesterday afternoon. Rebinding did seem to make the beeps go away. But I read in a previous post on this malfunction that one pilot made his beeps go away by rebinding only to have it happen to him again when he next booted up his H.

Just in case it was the ST16 needing to be recalibrated as you point out, I'm going to go through the recalibration materials and the actual steps at home you outlined months ago before I take it out to fly again. It could easily go through the same beeping mess in the field and a day could easily be wasted, especially on a weekend. Thanks again.

Reactions: mfpullen
I've had it happen at home and in the field. It's a simple fix so knowing how to do it should it happen in the field can save a day's shoot with only a few minutes effort. Don't know why it happens, but it does, so be prepared should it happen. There are You Tube videos that cover the process should you need visuals.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss