Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H battery issue

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just looking for some ideas or input on a battery issue I am now having.
I have 3 x batteries and have really only used them each about 3-4 times.
I literally have only been out flying about 5 or 6 times since owning my bird.

Last night I charged up my 3 batteries for a vacation I am bringing the H on.
The first 2 charged fine, the 3rd however wouldn't "charge". Instead, the blue flashing
light on the charger just kept going indicating an error.

Is this likely to mean my battery has died after 3 or 4 uses? Or is it more likely to just be a
charger issue?
Any thoughts or ideas are welcome. I would return the battery to the yuneec warehouse seeing they
are only 5 mins from my house, but I have read on here that the battery warranty is only good for 30 days.
My bird is now 5 months old :(

Thanks for your help,
Alan

Most likely the battery or one of it cells is very low voltage. Do you have a volt meter so you can check each cell? If you have a power supply you can manually charge the battery a little so the charger can recognize it is safe to charge.

Alternatively you can charge it from a car battery directly, you will want to limit current using a resistor 25-50 ohms should work fine, but MIGHT be too high so the battery won't really charge fast enough. ( Voltage difference divided by .2 will give you the resistance you should use)

Positive to resistor to positive
Negative to negative.

(This is only useful if the battery is below 12 volts)

This will slowly bring it up to 12 volts. Feel free to try the charger again at any time. I am not sure what the low voltage cut off is on the charger.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Check for a good connection between the charger and the battery contacts before doing anything else. Clean the contacts with alcohol if they appear dirty. Push down hard when inserting it in the charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: FlushVision
I have that happen all the time. Usually taking the battery out one or two time and pushing it in slightly hard works. Occasionally cleaning of the contacts does it every time. It's just a very inexpensive charger so issues do happen from time to time.

Check for a good connection between the charger and the battery contacts before doing anything else. Clean the contacts with alcohol if they appear dirty. Push down hard when inserting it in the charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah so this first for sure.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Hi guys... thanks for the replies.
So after trying numerous plug ins and unplugs of the battery into the charger, and even a clean of all contact points with alcohol cleaner... still no luck.
Well, luckily I live 5 mins dtive from the yuneec head office. So I took the bird Nd battery in... and even though it's 5 months old, (with only 2 or 3 uses inflight) they replaced my battery free of charge and said it was a dead cell. Thats a full 4 months out of battery warranty. Just another reason I LOVE the guys over at yuneec!!!
Happy flying,
Alan

Im working on high current discharge li ions cells that will reduce weight increase power and flight time. Stay tuned

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy