Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H battery lvl indicator

That vid is a fairly good tip and I didn't know about the light either. However, I gotta say that it's much better to keep a log of your batteries. When I'm out flying my H I always take a note of the power level at the point of landing when the battery is still under load and write it down in a notebook for later updateing of my battery logs when I get home.

To date, though, I've never reinserted a partially discharged battery in my H for a flight (I have done but only for bench testing and calibration purposes). In my book, if a battery is not full, then it is empty and ready for charging regardless of whether it has only been used for a few minutes, and I only recharge the number of batteries (minimum two) that I think I will use for a flight no earlier than the day before an intended flight.

For example, I have a job on for tomorrow taking some video and still pictures of a derelict farm house on the side of a hill. I expect to get the job done on just one battery so I've just finished charging up two and if, as I expect, I don't use the second battery on the job, I'll use it up on a recreational flight after the job flight to ensure that I'm not left storing a fully charged battery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robert Brooks
Ya I've never done that either, I have those slide indicators on each battery but I also log each flight which includes tracking the batteries. I just ran across that and never knew that so thought I'd share.

I never knew this.

Robert, I also never saw this before. Today I finally got around to checking it myself.

Works like a lucky charm. Do not need the ST16 on. Just put in a battery and start the drone while watching the rear light.
A fully charged battery gets the Green light pass, a medium charge draws a Yellow caution, and a low battery says Red, stop.

Most who are battery wise will never need this, but it's another bit of info for your checklist.
Sure appreciate you sharing this, Robert.

Reactions: Robert Brooks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me