Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H refusing to throttle down and land

Far to many 'solutions'. Poor Ingsoc must be thinking we fly a horrible extraterrestial thingie.

Best update frimware. Then power of and reboot both ST and H. Calibrate Compass... power off and reboot. Calibrate accellerometer, power off and reboot. Calibrate gimbal, power off and reboot (if I speak of power off and reboot I mean both instruments, ST & H).
All calibrations done then start ST and H 3 minutes after that. Wait 15 minutes for GPS to settle down where you are.

All well, cool and go fly and enjoy (make sure you land before battery warning comes).

:)

I've got a problem with my typhoon H. landing doesn't want to throttle all the way down and starts hopping around and sometimes it does a flip break the props. Is there a part number for the altitude sensor. And has anybody change that to solve this problem.

I've got a problem with my typhoon H. landing doesn't want to throttle all the way down and starts hopping around and sometimes it does a flip break the props. Is there a part number for the altitude sensor. And has anybody change that to solve this problem.
Are you holding the stick all the way back even after it lands? Are you landing with the slider in turtle or rabbit?
Also, check the sticks in Hardware Monitor and make certain the throttle goes max in both directions. You can also press and hold the red button if you are a few inches off the ground to make certain it lands and shuts down the motors.

Listen for the change in motor tone, with the left stick holding down. Doesn't it play up if your too near and in smart mode?

If those don't work for now, hand catch it. but be very careful.
Hand catch the H at the upper half of the landing arm.

Well, call me late to the party, but I have to revive this thread. Did anyone ever get a clear solution. My H was fine when I first got it (about 6 months ago as a used unit). Landings were fine, everything was fine. Then one day I noticed I couldn't use one direction of the ailerons. I switched to hardware mode on the ST16 and checked and I was only getting ~20% at full push. I took the ST16 apart, cleaned and lubed it, and put it back together. Checked in hardware mode and aileron was back to 100%. Glad for that.

Then the same thing happened with the throttle down. Was having trouble landing, saw I was only getting ~20% with the stick full down. Cleaned lubed and returned to normal.....until recently.

Over the last couple weeks, it started not wanting to descend. It would descend, rapidly if I have it in rabbit, but the descent stops at approx 10-15 ft in the air and the H just hovers. Doesn't matter how far I pull down on the stick, won't come down. Checked hardware monitor again throttle down was showing 100% at full pull. With some patience and some acceleration, decelleration, or sometimes just a 180 yaw turn in place while holding down for descend the H would land. The troubling part is it seems to get worse with every flight. It stays in hover longer and doesn't want to land. All the way up to today when it stayed it hover until the battery reached 8.6V. Then the semi controlled descent started because the battery was giving up. It was jerking the attitude forward, backward, side to side, until it got within arms reach and i snagged it out of the air. I hit the e-stop on the remote and got it out of the air with no damage. But with this getting continually worse, I am scared to take it on another flight.

Any and all ideas are welcome.

If it doesn't want to land in some cases calibration of accelerometer will help. I believe it has something to do with degradation of IMU over the time.

I can't believe a voltage of 8.6V! Where did you read that? This would mean either two cells are complete dead or cell voltage overall is 2.12V which is far too low.
A possible reason may be burned battery contacts.

Do you have flightlogs from this case?

br HE

Reactions: Steve Carr
Have you tried to use Home mode to fly back and land?
Is the Obstacle Avoidance turned off when landing?

Regarding the sticks, you mention lubricating them. That is a very bad idea. They should be thoroughly cleaned with electrical contact cleaner. Then exercised while they dry.

Reactions: Pier2162
On your ST16 Go To; System Settings and Check the Hardware Monitor to Confirm J1, J2, J3 & J4 have Full Range of Movements, not Sticking or Lagging, and when the Gimbal Sticks are Released they Snap Back to Center, if any of these are present, Vigorously Stir the Sticks... it could take many times to bring them back.

Reactions: Pier2162

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surmount13