Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TYPHOON H

My apologies. I meant to post the pics.
d14a66052db49296ec00188e58a5ba7c.jpg
b59a6bb707afc78b9cee577b185cd954.jpg
54353ea14204db3aeb457460ba72a240.jpg
5821357f14093d7dad443476b8b3de84.jpg
accb6992e59e72348e5767a20f4a9221.jpg
486b3400012b6675e691fd3004df2d3f.jpg
ac4c8533a9602c960385d04ed2afa7db.jpg

Reactions: Westcoastpilot
Get up. Walk it off, you'll be fine. :(

What happened?

I went to the local state farm rep last month, and they do not offer 'drone' insurance. He was very interested, called into the main office, and they do not have it. He actually enlisted me to find out more and give him a call back about what individuals are doing.

Looking on some of the other forums that I peruse, some mentioned a "Personal Articles Policy" form State Farm to cover their UAVs and other camera equipment. However, it also seemed to vary from state to state.

I got insurance threw State Farm for my Typhoon H last month $60 a year. Cant go wrong.
I would call another agent because he don't know what he is talking about

I have mine covered. It is full replacement cost with no deductible. My H, and 360 camera ($500, for a total $2000 coverage) that I attach to it is covered and it cost me $59 a year! Cannot beat that! However, I question the fact that you are asking about drone insurance AFTER your crash. I could be wrong in my assumption, but trying to get covered after the fact is very fraudulent. I am sure you know that isn't how insurance works...I wish it did, but it does not.

I could be wrong in my assumption, but trying to get covered after the fact is very fraudulent. I am sure you know that isn't how insurance works...I wish it did, but it does not.

I doubt hes trying to get it covered but rather worried about future losses of the replacement.

Reactions: James (Randy) Smith
I got insurance threw State Farm for my Typhoon H last month $60 a year. Cant go wrong.
I would call another agent because he don't know what he is talking about
Can you give me the plan name or coverage you have, and if it is a plan on its own or attached to another such as home owners? I will bring that to the agent I take with. Thank you!

Just got my policy in the mail yesterday. It was actually only $48.00 for me which includes $1500 drone and $500 camera coverage. It is its own plan and is not attached to another policy. I dont even have State Farm for any other insurance. It is called a Personal Articles Policy. . Here is my policy that you can use for reference. Hope this helps

Attachments

• StateFarmTyphoonH.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 31
Thanks, When I called, more than once in the last year, I was told they did not have insurance for Drones. Will show them this and ask if I need to find a new agent. I have Home Owners, Vehicles, Business and Life with them. So I hope they change their mind about availability.

Just got my policy in the mail yesterday. It was actually only $48.00 for me which includes $1500 drone and $500 camera coverage. It is its own plan and is not attached to another policy. I dont even have State Farm for any other insurance. It is called a Personal Articles Policy. . Here is my policy that you can use for reference. Hope this helps
Wow, that's a deal. I spent $200 for insurance on my drone for a year. With a $200 deductible.

make sure next time you do erase your policy number. info on that pdf is critical.

State Farm will not touch you if you have anything to do with any commercial work.. So you would have to be strickly a hobbiest. Even then you would be dropped after the first accident. (at least you would be able to recover the first time.)

State Farm will not touch you if you have anything to do with any commercial work.. So you would have to be strickly a hobbiest. Even then you would be dropped after the first accident. (at least you would be able to recover the first time.)

You are right in that they don't do commercial coverage (or it would be more expensive), but my agent said that if I were to make more than 2 claims on it, they would probably drop me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers