Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UAV Toolbox 2.1 - Share your flights!

Reaction score
At last, it's out!

I'm really excited about this release. It adds some powerful features for reviewing and sharing flights. Now you can select and rate images in a gallery from each flight, then a single tap puts it all online.

If you want to share rushes with a client, identify where exactly each photo was taken from, play back a flight with synchronized maps and video - all without having to crowd round the controller - this is the solution.

screenshot4.png

Not only that, but it tracks equipment used, technical details like battery graphs and radio signal strength and error events during your flight.

There are also a bunch of improvements to the existing app - better summaries, more accurate telemetry, bug fixes for the mission editor and tweaks to the user interface to make everything that little bit easier.

Head over to the website to install it!

That sounds awesome Tuna. BTW - I haven't heard it mentioned here but depending on your cellular plan you might be able to activate a mobile hot spot or tethering on your cell phone and connect the ST16 WiFi in the field for when changes or maps are needed.

That sounds awesome Tuna. BTW - I haven't heard it mentioned here but depending on your cellular plan you might be able to activate a mobile hot spot or tethering on your cell phone and connect the ST16 WiFi in the field for when changes or maps are needed.

You can certainly use your phone for maps in the field, but don't attempt to upload video or photos that way - it'll eat your data allowance in moments!

I can't add equipment it just crashes when I select and device.
Go to the main screen, check that you're online, then log out and log in again and it should clear. If not, let me know - sometimes the app is a bit slow updating equipment.

Go to the main screen, check that you're online, then log out and log in again and it should clear. If not, let me know - sometimes the app is a bit slow updating equipment.
That got it. Thanks

I am getting lots of crashes, don't know why, in 2 different controllers. Also maybe not related, but if I set several way points and choose follow direction it will slowly start to yaw towards the next way point. I want it to fly directly to the next way point then turn when it gets there. What am I missing here, I think it used to do it.

I am getting lots of crashes, don't know why, in 2 different controllers. Also maybe not related, but if I set several way points and choose follow direction it will slowly start to yaw towards the next way point. I want it to fly directly to the next way point then turn when it gets there. What am I missing here, I think it used to do it.

It looks like it's not picked up the equipment database for you. If you can tell me how to reproduce the crash, I'll fix it!

For waypoints, remember that the Typhoon flight controller smoothly moves the heading from one waypoint to the next. So if you want it to fly with a constant heading, you need the two waypoints to have the same yaw value. Then you can turn into the next waypoint after that. If you're flying a grid mission, the easiest solution is to set the yaw the same for all waypoints - remember the camera doesn't need to be facing in the line of flight, and so long as the yaw is in the direction of the grid lines, you'll get consistent coverage.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Well, it's a good job I didn't buy any lottery tickets ;)

There are a couple of bugs that might be causing problems -
* If your telemetry was interrupted (radio failure) during a flight, the app crashes when trying to view that summary
* Some telemetry files crash when viewing due to date errors in the file. If you experience this, please drop me a message as I need to take a look at your telemetry file.

This will affect people using the mission editor as the app checks your last telemetry when you try to create a new mission.

I have fixes for both of these, but need a test file or two to check before I do a new release.

In general, if you do have a crash, please put a message into the Crash Log box that pops up so I know who you are and what was happening. The app has to allow for all sorts of strange events during flights, in all time zones and all locations around the world - so there can always be new bugs that I cannot identify myself.

Reactions: chimpax and Niblett
I'm in the middle of a complex sequence trying every imaginable move around a cactus grove I know well. Today I edited in the field with my phone as wifi tether. Now I'm happily viewing my summary online and planning next tweaks. This program has taken the TH to a whole new level as a camera platform. Best app I've ever bought.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Siyaco