Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Update 1.0.10_b743 - Drone Noice

Reaction score
Hi.

Updated without any issues to 1.0.10_B743 yesterday but on pre-flight test today i noticed some new strange noise coming from the drone, left front sonar, and i'm **** sure it wasn't there before the update.

Anyone have a clue what this is or is't just to contact Yuneec support asap?

PS: Hear movies with sound...

// Martin

Last edited:
I got my H plus two days ago. It was nice and I could not wait for sunrise to go out and play. I did the update and the same thing happened to mine. Lots of noise. I did a reboot and it’s there but not all the time.

There is another thread going on where the updates are producing noise from the camera. @ECKEROTH I watched your video but there was no sound from the video so I could not hear what you heard are you sure its not coming from the camera. @SirJohn99 same question is your noise from the camera? In the other thread HERE there are examples of videos to see if you are having the same problem.

Moderator - Might it be helpful to combine this thread with the other in the hopes that other unsuspecting Plus owners see what others who do the update are seeing.

There is another thread going on where the updates are producing noise from the camera. @ECKEROTH I watched your video but there was no sound from the video so I could not hear what you heard are you sure its not coming from the camera. @SirJohn99 same question is your noise from the camera? In the other thread HERE there are examples of videos to see if you are having the same problem.

Moderator - Might it be helpful to combine this thread with the other in the hopes that other unsuspecting Plus owners see what others who do the update are seeing.

My sound is not from the C23.

Talked with a tech guy at Yuneec DE this morning regarding the sonar noise after upgrading to fw 1.0.10_b743 and the got this explanation.
The sonar modul in the body is disabled because I have the Intel RS but is not powered off internally, so if I wish to kill the noise I should set S3 (OBS Avoid) to off!

I call this a firmware bug - Yuneec calls it an option...

But they say it safe to fly - so keep the sky high :)

"Dear Mr.Eckeroth,

thank you for the nice telephone conversation.

As we confirm, it is safe to fly with the new update version, to avoid the the sonar sound you will have to switch S3 up into off.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best Regards

Ihr/Your Customer Support Team

YUNEEC Europe GmbH
Nikolaus-Otto-Straße 4
24568 Kaltenkirchen | Germany

T-
+49 4191 9326-20
E- [email protected]"

Yes it’s sound from the sonar and my conclusions is one of two.

1: Sonar didn’t work before, was silence even with OBS on.
2: FW 1.0.10.b743 enabled sonar and some noise. Sonar supposed to be disabled as I have Intel RS pre-installed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49