Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New update

Yup. Never have understood why some are so eager to be the first with anything. Especially where new drone firmware updates are concerned at the beginning of a weekend. Then again, without them doing it many others would have bad experiences only a few days later, which really overloads customer service lines when they all call at once.

So thanks to them I’m still holding off buying a Plus until they get the bugs out. No hurry, no worry.
yes, but when you need to work without GPS and from this Monday, we update.

So decided to run the update last night before reading about the issues @oliver had. And I am experiencing the exact same issue with noise from camera gimbal and lots of micro vibrations. I submitted a ticket at yuneec EU last night but haven't heard back yet. Will update as soon as possible

I don't think you check for updates any longer the way we once did. You merely go to your controller and check for updates and it loads one if there is one. As for whether it comes from and for specifically the EU or US I also don't think that is the case any more. This is predicated on the fact that my first update came from US and China according to the downloader and nothing had ever appeared in the place where we used to download Yuneec H updates when we would be notified of updates. Perhaps that was a one off experience when I updated my H + but that's the way it happened. I would be interested to hear what changes have been made aside from that it now produces micro vibrations. Perhaps when the downloading occurs people could watch the process and inform the rest of us as to the source (location) of the download too. Along with the progress bar the location of where data is being downloaded from is also there.

I’m wondering if this camera gimbal problem comes from calibration with camera attached? For sure the next time I do compass, I will remove the camera after start. The one time I’ve done compass with the Plus, the gimbal was pointed all wrong post calibration. A restart did the trick of centering. I’m curious if the new (for my experience) gyro calibration is for the gimbal as well? And the OTA procedure last time I checked does not work as explained as it struggles to find your internet from within the flight app. I’ve had to go into the tablet settings and set up my WiFi first then go back into the app and update.
Bottom line, as much as I’d like to install any update, my experience with Yuneec gives me some caution and I’ll wait a few days before attempting.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
if everyone is waiting and no one is trying, we have not arrived.
I come back from my test without GPS, it's ok, just switch to manual mode in the simple menu. The camera vibrations were attenuated and did not influence the quality of the video.
On the other hand impossible to take off without manual mode and angle mode, I set all the buttons, to no avail. I had all the satellites in green and I was more than 10m from the H +, I'll look for why
If @mbernholdt has done some tests, it interests me to compare

Reactions: mbernholdt
Bottom line, as much as I’d like to install any update, my experience with Yuneec gives me some caution and I’ll wait a few days before attempting.

Or a few weeks before purchasing... ;)

Or a few weeks before purchasing... ;)
The Plus with current firmware (not the new version) performs flawlessly. It’s got a learning curve that’s more from the ST changes then the bird. I’ve read about CCC issues but I fly mostly manually so I’m not worried about those problems right now. I’m learning the camera really so I’m ok with the current state of the flight system. No ones noting any camera update yet. If it’s a critical update then I’d hope Yuneec would work confirm that. Maybe later I’ll open a chat. That’s been the best way to talk to them.

if everyone is waiting and no one is trying, we have not arrived.
I come back from my test without GPS, it's ok, just switch to manual mode in the simple menu. The camera vibrations were attenuated and did not influence the quality of the video.
On the other hand impossible to take off without manual mode and angle mode, I set all the buttons, to no avail. I had all the satellites in green and I was more than 10m from the H +, I'll look for why
If @mbernholdt has done some tests, it interests me to compare
Did the vibrations stop if you went to manual? I went for a short flight yesterday but I am concerned that the vibrations are putting a lot of stress on the gimbal.

See video here:

Still haven't heard from yuneec yet.

Did the vibrations stop if you went to manual? I went for a short flight yesterday but I am concerned that the vibrations are putting a lot of stress on the gimbal.

See video here:

you could take off in angle mode?, you're lucky

@mbernholdt,
could you tell me your configuration to be able to take off please
My gimbal makes a lot less noise, and just horizontally
i dont understand, i have all greent, the switch on Angle...

upload_2018-8-6_17-5-6.png

Well just took off as usual. In angle mode didn't touch any new settings.

Well just took off as usual. In angle mode didn't touch any new settings.
thank's
I notice now that I can take off, without changing anything (except to perform 50 to 60 tests), the basket makes no noise. We just feel a very slight vibration on the back mat with the finger, to the touch, which disappears completely when I tilt the C23.
Things are improving, but I do not know why.
Tomorrow life-size test, I would say.
I did report these concerns to Yuneec France, EU, US & CHINA

See video here:

For the gimbal, try this:
turn on the H PLUS without the ST16S.
Once the basket stabilized horizontally, you take the H PLUS and you make him make the maximum movements that the gimbal must support:
You lean the H + forward as far as possible, then backwards, then left and right.
You go out and you re-energize the H only and you tell me if you have an improvement.

Reactions: mbernholdt
For the gimbal, try this:
turn on the H PLUS without the ST16S.
Once the basket stabilized horizontally, you take the H PLUS and you make him make the maximum movements that the gimbal must support:
You lean the H + forward as far as possible, then backwards, then left and right.
You go out and you re-energize the H only and you tell me if you have an improvement.
Will try later

@oliver didn't change a thing [emoji45] gonna see if they reply tomorrow

Just talked to Yuneec Europe, and shipping the camera only for service later today. Crossing my fingers it won't take to long :-(

Reactions: oliver
Just talked to Yuneec Europe, and shipping the camera only for service later today. Crossing my fingers it won't take to long :-(
Mine does not make any noise anymore. I still think that it is the update that caused the vibrations, we are many to have observed the phenomenon.
Yuneec Europe confirmed to me that we could not go back to the previous version.

I confirm the good functioning of the gimbal + drone H PLUS.
it is flying well in ANGLE mode (I started with this) then without GPS (manual mode), then I returned to ANGLE mode, no problem.
Gimbal side no worries, it does not make noise or vibrations, I controlled the video is all good even with strong accelerations, very strong.
This is my account (also reported to Yuneec EU). I also told them that it was very annoying to be able to return to the previous version if bugs found, just to work the next day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextsi