Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video from the C23 and H Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank's @Ron
no editing on the colors, just filmed UHD 50p and edited in 1080p with some slow motion and mini zoom

Nice! Thanks for the tease.

“I really do not need another craft in the hanger. I really do not need another craft in the...”

At least not right away.

Now the “want” is a different story.

I don't see it either. The only thing I notice is that the exposure seems to change slightly as if it were set on AUTO.
Big Mac delivered back today, praise be, and I can see slight moiré in the shale towards top right (shimmering pixels/aliasing). It may be due to auto settings; or even compression since H.264 is lossy. And it's possible that the sensor can't cope with the gravelly detail up there in 4k/60, in which case filming at lower res might cure it. I don't see any elsewhere in the shale but the area top right is where most of the texture variation/detail is.

Thanks, YuKay. That’s how I was viewing as well. I’ll look again to see how I missed the shimmering. Perhaps it’s time to pull out my X-Rite i1Display Pro and calibrate the monitor again.

Hi Ron, I'm viewing in QuickTime Player at actual size, ie not full screen.
OK, OK. If I look very critically at the area you highlighted, I do see more pixel activity there than elsewhere in the image (near middle of clip). Do you find that distracting? I sure don't. It could be that the rock size in that area of the quarry more closely matched the pixel size at that resolution and distance. Let's wait and see if that is actually a camera fault or a quirk.

I seriously doubt we’ll get perfection, or near perfection, at price points below a Red or Arri, and even with those if the lenses aren’t top of the game. Most find a $2,000.00 cost of a complete system to be more than they want to spend. To spend more than that on just a lens or a bare camera is out of the question.

Perhaps a little perspective is helpful with this stuff?

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
OK, OK. If I look very critically at the area you highlighted, I do see more pixel activity there than elsewhere in the image (near middle of clip). Do you find that distracting? I sure don't. It could be that the rock size in that area of the quarry more closely matched the pixel size at that resolution and distance. Let's wait and see if that is actually a camera fault or a quirk.
Thanks Rubik. I was just reporting what I see (as a novice photographer/videographer but an experienced designer/editor). I do find it distracting but I don't know what to expect from the camera. FWIW, I see slight moiré on the right hand side of the shale mountain throughout the clip, while the H+ is flying towards it and at the end when the camera is panning - and I suspect that the detailed texture there pushes the 1" sensor to the max at 4k/60.

If you experts tell me that's to be expected from a relatively inexpensive 1" sensor, fair enough. I'm older and wiser, never having viewed any raw 4k/60 footage from any other camera. But for me, the point of downloading raw camera footage was to compare it to the processed YouTube rendition of the same footage and I discovered that not all the artifacts are created by YouTube.

Thanks Rubik. I was just reporting what I see (as a novice photographer/videographer but an experienced designer/editor). I do find it distracting but I don't know what to expect from the camera. FWIW, I see slight moiré on the right hand side of the shale mountain throughout the clip, while the H+ is flying towards it and at the end when the camera is panning - and I suspect that the detailed texture there pushes the 1" sensor to the max at 4k/60.

If you experts tell me that's to be expected from a relatively inexpensive 1" sensor, fair enough. I'm older and wiser, never having viewed any raw 4k/60 footage from any other camera. But for me, the point of downloading raw camera footage was to compare it to the processed YouTube rendition of the same footage and I discovered that not all the artifacts are created by YouTube.

There’s also a chance that 4K at 24 or 30 FPS would look better.

Reactions: YuKay
After watching the Pegasus video posted by YuKay it appears there’s some room for a better lens. A pin cushion effect is definitely present.

H Plus colour settings compared in video and stills:

Glad my videos are making it to the forum, if there is anything specific you’d like me to try just message me.

Glad my videos are making it to the forum, if there is anything specific you’d like me to try just message me.
That was an excellent comparison of the various settings currently available on the TH+. Thanks for posting.
Could you make some of the .jpg and .dng files available for us to tinker with (DropBox, etc.)?

That was an excellent comparison of the various settings currently available on the TH+. Thanks for posting.
Could you make some of the .jpg and .dng files available for us to tinker with (DropBox, etc.)?

Sure, I’ll post some tomorrow as it’s nearly midnight here and I’m in bed now. The best setting if I’m honest is ‘original’ colours come real nice. All the others are oversaturated and a nightmare to work with in post.
Also noticed a big typo error in that video and music is distorted, so will redo and repost tomorrow as well

Reactions: rdonson
Thanks for your work from me as well. Using the same location and views for all the comparisons, along with camera settings, allows everyone to view a true representation of camera and lens capability. Making unedited imagery available removes individual internet speed variations allows us to establish what can be done with the files with our post software and determine suitability for our individual styles and needs. You have a sound engineering foundation[emoji106]

Did I understand @Peggy correctly that Yuneec cropped the JPEG to straighten the horizon but not the DNG???

Did I understand @Peggy correctly that Yuneec cropped the JPEG to straighten the horizon but not the DNG???
Yep. You can do the same in post with the same resulting slightly cropped image. The question is: how much of the sensor is being used for the .dng image? Is the output still 20 mega pixels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axel66