Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video from the C23 and H Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yukay,

That video showcases the camera very well. Just watched it on a 4k laptop with a 15.xx screen and I like what I see.

Reactions: YuKay
The guys at FuturDrone have been kind enough to upload a 580MB clip without YouTube processing artifacts from their Spanish mountain flight. I won't be able to view it until my 5k iMac comes back in a week's time so until then I will hopefully experience it vicariously if anyone posts any comments/analysis. The only commentary given to me by the pilot, Antonio Diez, is that the camera was in automatic and he used an N16 filter from Freewell.

Here's the download link: MEGA

And you will need the decrypt password which is:
!mhQmvJnFQk3RHBbYidoZ8S1HoNuEI2ZTGVyDhI_XJP0

I just watched it a few times on my 5K iMac. Colors, detail and sharpness are everything I would hope for. I didn't see any blown highlights or shadows which speaks to the improved dynamic range of the sensor over the CGO3+. A bit of work in post processing would make it quite appealing.

I just watched it a few times on my 5K iMac. Colors, detail and sharpness are everything I would hope for. I didn't see any blown highlights or shadows which speaks to the improved dynamic range of the sensor over the CGO3+. A bit of work in post processing would make it quite appealing.
Thanks Ron. Chacun a son gout and I already find it very appealing. Indeed, it was the YouTube video which convinced me to wait for the H Plus. And I guess it's more useful to see the footage straight from the camera than one which demonstrates the editor's technical skills.

I have asked Antonio if he will upload some more of his footage but he's a busy guy.

Thanks Ron. Chacun a son gout and I already find it very appealing. Indeed, it was the YouTube video which convinced me to wait for the H Plus. And I guess it's more useful to see the footage straight from the camera than one which demonstrates the editor's technical skills.

I have asked Antonio if he will upload some more of his footage but he's a busy guy.

Finally real raw video, not YouTube... :) if at all possible could we get specifics of video... which presets were chosen... color balance... shutter speed... filters used?

Finally real raw video, not YouTube... :) if at all possible could we get specifics of video... which presets were chosen... color balance... shutter speed... filters used?
I did ask for this data but all I got was that the camera was in automatic (which presumably means that no presets were used?) and he added a Freewell N16 filter.

Hopefully as things progress we will get some future videos shot manually, with associated specs...

Reactions: rdonson
Yukay,

The Copter EU video from 6/12/18 is exactly what I was hoping to see. Thank you very much!!! The YouTube resolution capped out at 1080, suggesting the owner might be limited with their processing capability but the state of all the building edges, solar panels was quite good and would not have been impacted by the resolution. There is a small amount of distortion observed at the right side of the long brown building at the 00:50 mark but it's certainly acceptable. Putting the edge of the building at the edge of the screen, either by accident or intent, really allowed the lens to demonstrate what it can do. Using that same time stamp the cross hatch pattern of the small solar panels on the next building up are for all intents and purposes perfect throughout the period they are in view. Like the CGO-3, there is some horizontal distortion seen when the horizon is near the upper 25% of the lens.

What was shown in this video takes me a couple different places. In the one video I complained about it's clearly possible the problem scenes were not shot with the C-23, and if they were shot from a C-23 the quality would suggest not all C-23's are created equal.
Try again, I got 4k from YT. It looked great.

The guys at FuturDrone have been kind enough to upload a 580MB clip without YouTube processing artifacts from their Spanish mountain flight. I won't be able to view it until my 5k iMac comes back in a week's time so until then I will hopefully experience it vicariously if anyone posts any comments/analysis. The only commentary given to me by the pilot, Antonio Diez, is that the camera was in automatic and he used an N16 filter from Freewell.

Got it, thanks. It looks great. Video is 3480x2160x60fps at 100 Mbps.

I have now seen the clip in all its glory - on my son's 65" 4k Sony OLED TV, where I did see slight moiré in the shale which I couldn't see at 1080p. But my Mac is the only play-back device I trust not to do any covert on-the-fly processing of 4k 60fps video so I'll reserve final judgement until next week.

I have now seen the clip in all its glory - on my son's 65" 4k Sony OLED TV, where I did see slight moiré in the shale which I couldn't see at 1080p. But my Mac is the only play-back device I trust not to do any covert on-the-fly processing of 4k 60fps video so I'll reserve final judgement until next week.
Now that's a fine monitor! How does you son like that TV? Why did he chose Sony over the LG?
I looked again at the downloaded 48s clip and I'm still not seeing anything that I would call moire. Moire is usually a result of interference between geometric patterns. Where and when in the video do you see that?

Now that's a fine monitor! How does you son like that TV? Why did he chose Sony over the LG?
I looked again at the downloaded 48s clip and I'm still not seeing anything that I would call moire. Moire is usually a result of interference between geometric patterns. Where and when in the video do you see that?
The TV is astonishing, especially with HDR media. I don't know if he even looked at the LG - from where much of Sony's panel comes - but maybe it's an hereditary thing as we have always bought Sony or Panasonic TVs and those two have been around so long, the assumption is they know what they're doing.

The slight moiré I'm seeing is in the highlighted region at around 25-30s.

Attachments

• moire.png
    moire.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 35
The TV is astonishing, especially with HDR media. I don't know if he even looked at the LG - from where much of Sony's panel comes - but maybe it's an hereditary thing as we have always bought Sony or Panasonic TVs and those two have been around so long, the assumption is they know what they're doing.

Nope, still not seeing it. What you are seeing could be a result of the monitor's processing speed unable to keep up with the 60fps movement of such fine detail. Hopefully, your iMac will confirm. I would be very pleased with my new TH+ if that were my video.

Nope, still not seeing it. What you are seeing could be a result of the monitor's processing speed unable to keep up with the 60fps movement of such fine detail. Hopefully, your iMac will confirm. I would be very pleased with my new TH+ if that were my video.
Thanks - that's good to know. The TV is certainly 60fps-capable but there may be some processing going on. And good as it is, it's not the optimal platform on which to view any digital imagery.

I don't see it either. The only thing I notice is that the exposure seems to change slightly as if it were set on AUTO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axel66