Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video from the C23 and H Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yukay,

The Copter EU video from 6/12/18 is exactly what I was hoping to see. Thank you very much!!! The YouTube resolution capped out at 1080, suggesting the owner might be limited with their processing capability but the state of all the building edges, solar panels was quite good and would not have been impacted by the resolution. There is a small amount of distortion observed at the right side of the long brown building at the 00:50 mark but it's certainly acceptable. Putting the edge of the building at the edge of the screen, either by accident or intent, really allowed the lens to demonstrate what it can do. Using that same time stamp the cross hatch pattern of the small solar panels on the next building up are for all intents and purposes perfect throughout the period they are in view. Like the CGO-3, there is some horizontal distortion seen when the horizon is near the upper 25% of the lens.

What was shown in this video takes me a couple different places. In the one video I complained about it's clearly possible the problem scenes were not shot with the C-23, and if they were shot from a C-23 the quality would suggest not all C-23's are created equal.

Reactions: YuKay
First-flight critique from a pro user in the US:

Why would any pro user that flies an Inspire 2 produce a video in 720P? Using "civil twilight" to generate a review video will not present any product very well, especially if there is no daylight portion of the video to augment the assessment.

Gimbal dampers are supposed to bend vibrate, deflect, and deform. That's how they do their job, and as we can see in the video they do their job very well as there is no vibration or yaw effects telegraphed to the recorded video regardless of what is taking place with the aircraft. The quality of Yuneec gimbals is well above the quality of the vast majority of consumer drone camera gimbals, and often perform as well as multi thousand $$ hand held gimbals.

I wonder, will there be a GUI to use for making FC system adjustments for the H Plus? Hmmm.

Last edited:
Why would the pilot choose “sunny” WB at sunset?

Journey mode = selfie mode.

300’ limit sounds like “Smart Mode” restrictions.

I was thinking the same thing about the 300’ limit, but the Plus does not have a Smart mode from what I saw in the manual. Some might be thankful if it does not:). My guess is there’s a geo fence function that can be changed by the owner, with the system departing the factory with a default setting as they did with the H-480.

Since the guy is operating commercially, I wonder if he bothered to comply with the aircraft lighting requirements in place for commercial operations during civil twilight? The boom lights are not compliant. They have to be visible for 3 miles.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing about the 300’ limit, but the Plus does not have a Smart mode from what I saw in the manual. Some might be thankful if it does not:). My guess is there’s a geo fence function that can be changed by the owner, with the system departing the factory with a default setting as they did with the H-480.

Since the guy is operating commercially, I wonder if he bothered to comply with the aircraft lighting requirements in place for commercial operations during civil twilight? The boom lights are not compliant. They have to be visible for 3 miles.
you can not access the geo fence as with the GUI Typhoon H, nor remove the NFZ as I could do in that professional on the H. Yuneec Germany replied that it was impossible ...

Hmmmm... who came up with the idea to market a “professional” drone that limits the professional user? Until now that was a *** concept.

I have only looked briefly at the manual and your right, they're calling the top mode "Sport" But in at least one place the refer to it as "Smart". Typical of Yuneec, keep us all guessing. So it appears that "Sport" Mode keeps at least some of the Smart mode habits.

SmartSport.jpg

SmartSport2.jpg

I have only looked briefly at the manual and your right, they're calling the top mode "Sport" But in at least one place the refer to it as "Smart". Typical of Yuneec, keep us all guessing. So it appears that "Sport" Mode keeps at least some of the Smart mode habits.

View attachment 10041

View attachment 10042
In Angle Mode the aircraft will stop at an object if RS is active? I thought that stopping only happened without RS. With RS, doesn't it deviate and carry on?

On the H with RS enabled and OA on, the aircraft calculates what’s in front of it and “looks to see if it can fly above or around the obstacle. It’s weak spot is that it has no sensors on top of the aircraft so you’re in for a surprise if you attempt this under a canopy of trees.

The H Plus has a newer version of Intel RS and we simply don’t know anything about its capabilities or behavior yet.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
In Angle Mode the aircraft will stop at an object if RS is active? I thought that stopping only happened without RS. With RS, doesn't it deviate and carry on?

Yeah I read that too but at this point; what the manual says we should take with a grain of salt. This is why I am waiting for the non RS version.

The guys at FuturDrone have been kind enough to upload a 580MB clip without YouTube processing artifacts from their Spanish mountain flight. I won't be able to view it until my 5k iMac comes back in a week's time so until then I will hopefully experience it vicariously if anyone posts any comments/analysis. The only commentary given to me by the pilot, Antonio Diez, is that the camera was in automatic and he used an N16 filter from Freewell.

Here's the download link: MEGA

And you will need the decrypt password which is:
!mhQmvJnFQk3RHBbYidoZ8S1HoNuEI2ZTGVyDhI_XJP0

Thanks, YuKay. I'm downloading now and will be able to comment on it tomorrow after viewing it at least once.

I hope they get your 5K iMac straightened out.

Reactions: YuKay
I can at least open it at 1920x1080 on my Mac Mini with trusty Apple HD Cinema Display attached and can play a few frames before it stutters to a halt. From what I can see, my original concerns about moiré and smearing, especially in the shale slopes behind the tall rig, have been washed away. Provisionally, it looks great.

With all the interest in the video we’re forgetting about the stills side of the camera. Perhaps we can talk the early users to take a few stills using the JPG-DNG format option for “no touch” posting If they would note the other camera settings in play it would be most informative. A lot of work I know but stills are very important to a lot of folks.

Thanks to those willing to expend the effort.

Reactions: rdonson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andarbahargam