Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Waypoints with Typhoon H and st16

Reaction score
I have read a thread about binding the st16 to the h920 and being able to use waypoints, I have also been told by a retailer that is does work well. I did try to bind my aircraft to the h920 unsuccessfully. The waypoints were on the transmitter but the h did not bind. I suppose I did not do the procedure correctly. Has anyone else tried this, if so perhaps someone could list step by step instructions for the bind with the h920.

Thanks
Richard

Yes. Make sure when the H is in bind you Goto the bind menu on the st16 and push refers and select the models that pop up both cam and drone. Then click bind.
Then done.
One note I have noticed the H is not as stable in the 920 mode. It drifts a little. But not to the point it's out of control. Just not as solid as when bound as a h.

I have read a thread about binding the st16 to the h920 and being able to use waypoints, I have also been told by a retailer that is does work well. I did try to bind my aircraft to the h920 unsuccessfully. The waypoints were on the transmitter but the h did not bind. I suppose I did not do the procedure correctly. Has anyone else tried this, if so perhaps someone could list step by step instructions for the bind with the h920.

Thanks
Richard
Have you tried the UAVtoolbox?
UAV Toolbox - Yuneec ST-16

O e advantage to the 920 mode is you can change them while the H is in the air. Where the uav toolbox is a preflight ccc. Also the 920 allows you to choose the speed at which it Flys the waypoints.

That is impressive. I will need find a video or get some step by step instructions. I tried to set it up one I only got the waypoint screen on the st16, the h was not bound and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong.

Bear in mind that binding to a 920 model in the ST-16 when flying the H is totally unsupported by Yuneec. There is no documented procedures for it and anything you read about it on the internet is pure hearsay. If anything goes wrong it's on you. No warranty, no factory support. Should anything happen that initiated a legal claim your position would be hopeless.

thats exactly what you do not select the 920 and instead use my method of changing the H profile to enable the waypoint editor as i described in another thread .
that way all the settings for the H remain intact ( switches and etc )

Way points on the h480
Ok, you are going to get me confused, but tell me about your setup or give me a link to your thread.

simply put extract this zip to SD card . insert into st16 then import model to st16.
once imported select model :
Typhoon H w/WAY
Bind to H
your good to go .

Attachments

• FPV-Typhoon H-2017-03-16 19.49.43.zip
    78 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Yes. Make sure when the H is in bind you Goto the bind menu on the st16 and push refers and select the models that pop up both cam and drone. Then click bind.
Then done.
One note I have noticed the H is not as stable in the 920 mode. It drifts a little. But not to the point it's out of control. Just not as solid as when bound as a h.
Ok, I got the bind to work, but there is no map on the screen. The switch functions appear to be functioning as normal. I wont try to fly it until all the functions are there, the map is the only thing missing at this point.

maps works fine on mine . i had to reset my st16 . all the updates over time had corrupted part of the android OS .
just like on android phones after many updates you must do a factory reset to get everything to act right .

most of the problems people have are from the st16 android corruption but get blamed on other things .

i now factory reset after every firmware update .

also make sure your wifi is connected .

Oh yeah. You ha e to click the gear icon in the upper right and connect to wifi then the map should appear once it does zoom in and our and scan the area to store the map for offline use.

Oh yeah. You ha e to click the gear icon in the upper right and connect to wifi then the map should appear once it does zoom in and our and scan the area to store the map for offline use.
Ok, you lost me on that. When I go to the waypoint screen at the bottom there is an icon when pressed it brings up to very small maps, one is normal and the other is satellite. they don't get any larger.

Did you connect to the Internet first via the gear icon in the upper left of the screen?

It's connected to our wifi.
Unless you factory reset your st16 it will most likely never work .

I have other post about this and it solved others problem with maps not working .

Try it . you will be pleasantly surprised .[emoji1] resetting does not roll back your updates . all firmware updates will remain. You just remove user data and the corruption left behind from firmware updates .

Reactions: Shadowolf
On those little icons select the satellite one and it should start downloading the satellite images.
Yep jforgot that as guru said. And in fact he is the oNE I read it from. He's the one that found this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss