Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What are the 'true' No Fly Zone restrictions?

Yes I did check all of the updates. After calling Yuneec this morning I am thinking the drone has an issue and will need to be sent in for repair after 2 minutes of flight time.

No brand is 100% perfect 100% of the time. Would you mind sending me the GPS coordinates for where you were trying to fly in a private message? A marker on a Google Earth overhead would do as well.

I attached a world list Yuneec's NFZ's that was published sometime back. I do not know if it has been changed since it became available. To open it you will need to download it and re-name it by removing the ".txt" file extension. This site will not permit uploading an Excel file.

Attachments

• List_of_Large_Airports.xlsx.txt
    95 KB · Views: 6
Got it. Using the address it's 5.87 miles from the geographic center of San Diego International. That would qualify as outside the 5 mile airport radius distance but San Diego is Class B airspace, a terminal control area, so the controlled airspace extends much further. Making that more fun is the location of the address is controlled from the surface to 10,000' MSL. The rules state that an amateur has to notify ATC of their intent to fly there but ATC could certainly quash that notice, especially with Miramar and Montgomery fields to the east. There may already be a local prohibition against flight but direct contact with the tower would likely be necessary to find out. ATC owns that airspace all the way to the water. A commercial operator would have to obtain a waiver or obtain clearance through LAANC, which I don't know has been activated for San Diego yet. People are certainly flying some DJI aircraft in the area as witnessed by You Tube videos of Black's beach but the legality of their activities, at this time, is certainly open to question. Have you tried the glider area over looking Torrey Pines?

However, in theory your H should power up at that location unless it's dealing with some GPS accuracy issues. GPS is not “dead nuts” accurate at the civilian level, even full scale GPS approach procedures can vary considerably depending on time of day and temperature. One in New Zealand can vary as much as 100 meters[emoji15]. It's a pretty piece of coastline with some great surf spots and seriously expensive real estate to fly over if and when you can get your aircraft to work there.

If you manage to get things worked out and obtain a waiver, try this: SkyVector: Flight Planning / Aeronautical Charts to help you with airspace and ATC contact info.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Li