Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Why Breeze

Reaction score
Good Morning. Just a quick question. Why the Breeze? From what I read it seems that the camera is not the greatest nor is the ability to “fly” it yourself. Is it just easy to tinker with? I thought price point but many of you paid $400 or more for yours. I will tell you that my trip to Walmart will be Thursday but I choose the Breeze basically because I see the major following but still don’t understand exactly why?

You will never get a camera that good in anything close to what the breeze cost. At $150 it’s a steal. It’s a good drone for those that want to experience basic flying without spending a huge amount.

You will never get a camera that good in anything close to what the breeze cost. At $150 it’s a steal. It’s a good drone for those that want to experience basic flying without spending a huge amount.

And I fully understand that and that’s why I have money in pocket. I have been looking for a long time and I have never seen so many wonderful things said about a drone without a 1k price tag. I am waiting it for what it is but after reading I think maybe I am missing something, for the good!

The Breeze is easy to fly and is a good choice to learn flying multirotor aircraft. Having both GPS and Infrared positioning (IRS) makes the Breeze very stable to fly. It takes very clear pictures and the 1080p stabilized video is pretty good in calm to light winds. Since the camera is not mounted on a gimbal you will get shakey video by comparison with quads with a gimbal mounted camera. The Breeze is very portable and the small size is not intimidating to most people. I've found most are curious about it, and I show them how it is like having your smart phone able to fly and take pictures/videos. The range is very limited due to the Breeze utilizing your phone/pad/tablet to control it via 5.8GHz WiFi.

Be sure to check the specs of the device you plan to use flying the Breeze. iPhone 5s and newer work well with the Breeze, and with Android be sure the WiFi supports 802.11ac and if getting the package with the Bluetooth controller you'll need Bluetooth 4.1 or newer.

If you do decide to get the Breeze, be sure to read the paper manual as well as the in-app manual in Breeze Cam. The first time you enter a new Task mode instructions will appear that you should read and swipe through. They are there to explain how that mode works and if you follow those directions you should have no problems. Never mentioned in the directions is while calibrating the compass be sure to be facing magnetic north while the camera on the Breeze is facing you.

Reactions: Finn
BenandMaryBeth,

Welcome to the YuneecPilots community!

We are a group that shares our knowledge of the hobby/business and welcome pilots of all skill levels and backgrounds. Please read the Community Rules found at the bottom of the webpage, and make use of the Forum Search (it is restricted to this forum) for any question you have before posting. Chances are that the answer is waiting for your question. That being said, please join in and share your experiences with the community.

We appreciate when new members make use of the Introduction area of the forum to tell us a little about themselves and their interests in multirotor aircraft.

The Breeze is easy to fly and is a good choice to learn flying multirotor aircraft. Having both GPS and Infrared positioning (IRS) makes the Breeze very stable to fly. It takes very clear pictures and the 1080p stabilized video is pretty good in calm to light winds. Since the camera is not mounted on a gimbal you will get shakey video by comparison with quads with a gimbal mounted camera. The Breeze is very portable and the small size is not intimidating to most people. I've found most are curious about it, and I show them how it is like having your smart phone able to fly and take pictures/videos. The range is very limited due to the Breeze utilizing your phone/pad/tablet to control it via 5.8GHz WiFi.

Be sure to check the specs of the device you plan to use flying the Breeze. iPhone 5s and newer work well with the Breeze, and with Android be sure the WiFi supports 802.11ac and if getting the package with the Bluetooth controller you'll need Bluetooth 4.1 or newer.

If you do decide to get the Breeze, be sure to read the paper manual as well as the in-app manual in Breeze Cam. The first time you enter a new Task mode instructions will appear that you should read and swipe through. They are there to explain how that mode works and if you follow those directions you should have no problems. Never mentioned in the directions is while calibrating the compass be sure to be facing magnetic north while the camera on the Breeze is facing you.

Thank you very much! Once again having this group cements my mind on the Breeze even more. I will be getting the controller and I’m using a 6s. When you say the range is limited what exactly do you mean? I’ve seen 80 meters (240’). One thing I am Curious about is I live in Naples about a mile from the gulf. Will I be able to get it high enough to picture the water? I have checked the FAA maps and the restrictions are 200m but how high can the breeze go?

I also read in the app when calibrating to place it 18” above the ground. I assume this is when you are saying point the tail north. Is this an exact 18”? Do I hold it? Do I place it on something 18” high?

That would be 1.8 meters or about 5 feet. Since this is used in several countries there is a setting for imperial and metric measure.

The Breeze has a geofence of 80 meters or 262 feet. I think if you are close to a medium to large airport you may find yourself limited to 20 meters or about 65 feet. I had Breeze Cam do that to me near RDU in Cary, NC. According to FAA I should have been able to do 300 feet, but Breeze Cam limited me to 20 meters (keeps Yuneec covered for liability as a plane that low would have already smacked into trees). If you are allowed to get to the 200 feet the FAA allows you would definitely be able to see the ocean.

Reactions: Finn and Jeff@W
I followed the link on one of these posts here and the square I am in has 200 on it. I am a good way from the airport.

Why Breeze?

Because# 1:

Because# 2:
If you live in Portland, Oregon: The combined sales tax rate for Portland, OR is 0%. This is the total of state, county and city sales tax rates. The Oregon state sales tax rate is currently 0%.

I followed the link on one of these posts here and the square I am in has 200 on it. I am a good way from the airport.
You have to have permission to fly in those yellow areas, Naples is a Class D airport.

United States: LAANC UAS Facility Map Grid
Aggregated FAA UAS Facility Map grid for controlled airspace associated with airports. Grid squares with the same upper limit are grouped together. An airspace authorization is required to fly within this area.

You have to have permission to fly in those yellow areas, Naples is a Class D airport.

United States: LAANC UAS Facility Map Grid
Aggregated FAA UAS Facility Map grid for controlled airspace associated with airports. Grid squares with the same upper limit are grouped together. An airspace authorization is required to fly within this area.

This is what I want to know. I am several miles away from the airport, I live in North Naples. When I look at the map there is no yellow and the square has 200 in it. What does this mean?

Just talked to Yuneec CS this afternoon on this subject. I was in a zone that allowed 300 ft near RDU in Cary, NC this past weekend. The airport manager had been notified of my intended flight area, time span, and planned altitude. There were no objections from the airport. Yet the Breeze Cam app limited me to 20 meters. Yuneec used the b4ufly map to set up the Breeze Cam app. It is more restrictive than the present day data depicted in the UAS flight data map on the arc.gis website.

@DoomMeister and @aokusman have given all the good reasons that speak for the breeze. Personally I am most impressed with the camera at 1080p. Compared with the Mavic at four times the price (my son owns one) one can hardly tell the difference between stabilized videos of each quad. Only that the Mavic has a much wider range of operation.
So when you can live with the limitations of 80 meters up and 100 meters away you get best value for money in that segment of the market. Keep in mind that the geofence limits are the very maximum when it comes to reliability of the WiFi link between your phone and the Breeze. Remember the Breeze is marketed as a "selfie drone" which implies a short range of operation. By the way try to tell the orientation of your Breeze that is 20 m up and 20 m away from you - you certainly will fail without the help of the video on your smartphone.
Take your time and have a look at the quiz by @Scott_in_Colorado that helps you to avoid the most common pitfalls - yes, they are out there those pitfalls. That is what this forum is for.

Found it on clearance at a Walmart for $75. Couldn’t pass up the deal. Should of bought all they had.

Was at Southport N. Carolina. Happen to be in the area for business. Went back a couple days later and they were all gone. Every other Walmart are 149 or 199 and bestbuy has been 299.
Sometimes it’s worth cruising around Walmart.

My local Hudson FL walmart had them @ $75 2 weeks ago, purchased all 7 of them.. sold them within 5 days at my shop for $140..

The breeze.. oh the breeze..

At a repair standpoint let me give you my reasons WHY the breeze..

Parts for the breeze are cheap for the segment it's in, I find the drones in this segment have a very high parts cost, and more often than not they're difficult to navigate internally.

They're easy to open up and work on, so I can pass that labor on to the consumer at half the cost, for instance
Typhoon H Mainboard labor: $200
Breeze mainboard labor: $45

Typhoon H landing gear replacement: $10
Breeze Landing gear replacement: $3.80

You see where i'm going with this?

Overall the cost of ownership on the breeze is significantly lowered, which we all enjoy.

With all of that being said, my 4 year old son can fly the Breeze and pretend to be like daddy, meanwhile my 1 1/2 year old daughter likes to chase my H around.
You can't replicate that with you $600 DJI Spark.

Reactions: Habendanio
Was at Southport N. Carolina. Happen to be in the area for business. Went back a couple days later and they were all gone. Every other Walmart are 149 or 199 and bestbuy has been 299.
Sometimes it’s worth cruising around Walmart.

There are 2 Walmarts in my area and I always check the prices when I'm there hoping to get that great deal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig