Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Why Breeze

Thank you very much! Once again having this group cements my mind on the Breeze even more. I will be getting the controller and I’m using a 6s. When you say the range is limited what exactly do you mean? I’ve seen 80 meters (240’). One thing I am Curious about is I live in Naples about a mile from the gulf. Will I be able to get it high enough to picture the water? I have checked the FAA maps and the restrictions are 200m but how high can the breeze go?
Having been in Naples just last week, you may be able to see the Gulf waters from your home, but you will be very disappointed in the detail from that distance. The video quality will be fine, but you will be hard pressed to make out landmarks. I went to the beach at Naples with my Breeze and took some great videos.

Last edited:
@DoomMeister and @aokusman have given all the good reasons that speak for the breeze. Personally I am most impressed with the camera at 1080p. Compared with the Mavic at four times the price (my son owns one) one can hardly tell the difference between stabilized videos of each quad. Only that the Mavic has a much wider range of operation.
So when you can live with the limitations of 80 meters up and 100 meters away you get best value for money in that segment of the market. Keep in mind that the geofence limits are the very maximum when it comes to reliability of the WiFi link between your phone and the Breeze. Remember the Breeze is marketed as a "selfie drone" which implies a short range of operation. By the way try to tell the orientation of your Breeze that is 20 m up and 20 m away from you - you certainly will fail without the help of the video on your smartphone.
Take your time and have a look at the quiz by @Scott_in_Colorado that helps you to avoid the most common pitfalls - yes, they are out there those pitfalls. That is what this forum is for.

After having the lovely breeze and enjoying it for one month I have added a Mavic Air to my Breeze. My Breeze worked like a charm but I decided I had outgrown it (lol). I had $150 is bestbuy certificates set to expire next month and bestbuy sent me a 10 percent off a single item for my birthday so I took the plunge.

but did those $75 deal include the blue-tooth controller? The packages I seen in other stores other than wal-mart did not include it, while one store was selling the whole enchilada, the breeze 4k drone the controller and the googles for a hefty price. just curious as to what you got for that price

I bought one and a week later went back to Walmart and bought another, at $149 with the Blue Tooth controller. The video @ 1080 is amazing, you will love flying this drone. I own 9 other drones, I still love flying the Breeze the best. You won't be sorry.

The Breeze is easy to fly and is a good choice to learn flying multirotor aircraft. Having both GPS and Infrared positioning (IRS) makes the Breeze very stable to fly. It takes very clear pictures and the 1080p stabilized video is pretty good in calm to light winds. Since the camera is not mounted on a gimbal you will get shakey video by comparison with quads with a gimbal mounted camera. The Breeze is very portable and the small size is not intimidating to most people. I've found most are curious about it, and I show them how it is like having your smart phone able to fly and take pictures/videos. The range is very limited due to the Breeze utilizing your phone/pad/tablet to control it via 5.8GHz WiFi.

Be sure to check the specs of the device you plan to use flying the Breeze. iPhone 5s and newer work well with the Breeze, and with Android be sure the WiFi supports 802.11ac and if getting the package with the Bluetooth controller you'll need Bluetooth 4.1 or newer.

If you do decide to get the Breeze, be sure to read the paper manual as well as the in-app manual in Breeze Cam. The first time you enter a new Task mode instructions will appear that you should read and swipe through. They are there to explain how that mode works and if you follow those directions you should have no problems. Never mentioned in the directions is while calibrating the compass be sure to be facing magnetic north while the camera on the Breeze is facing you.
Thank you for the magnetic North, did not know that!

Thank you for the magnetic North, did not know that!

It’s not in the manual, but it does seem to help. I know Q500 and Typhoon H owners use that method when calibrating there compasses. My Breeze would get a little flaky at times, and the magnetic north method was suggested to me. It did the trick for me.

Reactions: Finn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig