Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze and Android connection trouble

Reaction score
THANX, just downloaded BREEZE CAM. Thanx for the info...
Looks like Yuneec has pulled Breeze Cam from the US App Store along with the CGO3 app also. Not sure why they are killing the use of their product by loyal customers. This is really getting old.
I downloaded breeze cam app but unable to find or connect to my breeze quadcopter using Samsung note 10+. What can or should I do?

I downloaded breeze cam app but unable to find or connect to my breeze quadcopter using Samsung note 10+. What can or should I do?
Follow the steps in this post How To: Troubleshoot the Breeze and Request Help in the Forum starting at step 2. Your phone should support the WiFi and Bluetooth specs needed.

If you do not get the green flashing LED in the front arm, use the reset procedure shown in the video. Be sure to watch the last time he does it when he does it correctly.

Report your results here.

Follow the steps in this post How To: Troubleshoot the Breeze and Request Help in the Forum starting at step 2. Your phone should support the WiFi and Bluetooth specs needed.

If you do not get the green flashing LED in the front arm, use the reset procedure shown in the video. Be sure to watch the last time he does it when he does it correctly.

Report your results here.
Thanks DoomMeister, thanks for the reply. Will do and let you know. But, yuneec is not in buisness in the US. So, how can I contact them should there be a issue?

That is true and the new Yuneec US will be based on commercial aircraft and not consumer drones.

That said, we will try to help you work through your issues the best we can here. We are a community of owners just like you that work together to keep our aircraft serviceable.

So, they will not service consumer drones any more? And, do you know of any repair facility that would service this drone?

I am not sure if @Yuneec Skins offers repair service on the Breeze or not. The only factory warranty shop in the US is Vertigo Drones and I’m not sure if they are working on the Breeze. If it is beyond the factory warranty of one year the repair costs at VD would be more than the Breeze is worth.

Can you describe what troubles you are having with it?

Did you buy this new in factory sealed box or is it secondhand?

Dear DoomMeister,
I purchased the drone new. And, I have managed to get the controller working properly. The drone sometimes gets connection and other times it does not( see attachments). I have shut drone off and removed the battery. Then, I re-insert the battery and turn the quadcopter on and go thru the app to get it connected (see attachment) it does not appear. And, I am just using my phone and not the controller. Furthermore, I tried the factory reset that was shown in the YouTube video but I do not know if that button is working or can do the reset mentioned. Look forward to your assistance on this! Thanks!

Attachments

• 20201206_053514.jpg
    20201206_053514.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20201206-053500_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20201206-053500_Settings.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20201206-053405_Breeze Cam.jpg
    Screenshot_20201206-053405_Breeze Cam.jpg
    998.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20201206-053953_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20201206-053953_Settings.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 10
Android phones have a fetish about being connected to the internet and iOS is getting just as bad now. To help connect and stay connected to the Breeze it helps to place it in Airplane mode (thus turning off cellular connection) and making the phone less aggressive in trying to stay internet aware.

When you use the Breeze always extend the legs to keep it off the ground. This helps protect the filter glass on the IR sensor and keeps the vent holes open to allow airflow through the body. The Breeze has a tendency to overheat when left on in a stationary position.

For now we will focus on getting the Breeze and your phone connected. After placing the phone in airplane mode, enable WiFi. Now power on the Breeze and listen for the rising tones and a change in the Main LED Power Button from red/green/blue to flashing blue. The Status LED in the arm should go from white to red then to a flashing green. At this point you should see the Breeze SSID in the WiFi list on your phone. Connect to it and then launch BreezeCam.
56A078DD-01B0-46CC-87C7-E13E5BB34131.jpeg
If the connection was successful you will have telemetry to the Status icons along the top as shown above. Tap the burger in the upper left and then tap About to display the following screen.
8DF6D24B-C67C-4493-9BC7-AB6324FA642D.jpeg
You should now have version numbers for ESC, Flying Control, and Camera. Tap the upper left corner to exit, then Enter Tasks and select Pilot mode.
81EC5521-98CD-41CC-9A26-503B49AD446D.jpeg
You should have the video feed from the Breeze and be able to move the camera up and down.
If you get this far you should be able to fly at this point as long as no Status icons are red (like GPS Sats in the first photo).

The photos in my previous post were connecting with my Fire 7 tablet.

I just tried connecting with my iPhone XS running iOS 14 and it proves my point about the newer phone OS’es wanting to stay connected to the internet. I had the green blinking LED, but the Breeze SSID would not appear in my list. I turned off Cellular and still no appearance in the WiFi listing. So I then placed the phone in airplane mode then enabled WiFi. Within 5 seconds the Breeze appeared in the listing and I could connect. The point is that the newer OS’es favor connections with internet access over those that don’t, and if the phone is not in airplane mode you may never see the SSID for the Breeze.

One other caveat I noticed the first time I powered on for this trial with iOS 14. I let off of the Power Button briefly as it was booting and I never got the Status LED in the arm to light. Be sure to hold the Power Button in until you start hearing the rising tones and the Status LED goes from white to red.

I tried what you did a few times and got connection and even was able to control the camera gimbal using the app. But, when trying to connect a few more times I could not get the breeze name on wifi and if I did I was not able to control the camera gimbal using the app. Here are the attachments. Moreover, the telemetry never showed. Do you think an older Ios or Android that supports this bandwidth may help? Thanks.

Attachments

• 20201206_145456.jpg
    20201206_145456.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20201206-145427_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20201206-145427_Settings.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20201206-053405_Breeze Cam.jpg
    Screenshot_20201206-053405_Breeze Cam.jpg
    998.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20201206-053953_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20201206-053953_Settings.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 5
If you have an older phone around that you can dedicate to the Breeze that could make a difference. iOS is usually more stable than the Android version because of fewer hardware differences. An iPhone 5S or above works fine.

I noticed the screen shot of the phone’s WiFi that the Breeze didn’t show did not have the airplane mode icon at the top. It was there on the one with the Breeze showing.

The other thing to check are the permissions the BreezeCam app can use. Such as location services, photos, etc. I’m thinking a permission is missing if you connect on WiFi and are getting no telemetry. I had a similar experience with the Fire 7 tablet when I was using a WiFi repeater. It would connect, but had no telemetry.

Dear Doom Meister,
I wanted to know why the following message pops up though I have both my phone and the battery of my breeze fully charged (see attachment)

Respectfully,
RC Guy

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201209-065023_Breeze Cam.jpg
    Screenshot_20201209-065023_Breeze Cam.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 6
I’ll have to search for the fix as it has been quite awhile since seeing that question. The first thing that comes to mind is make sure you have your phone set to airplane mode. In the meantime I’ll be looking for the solution.

Reactions: RC Guy
Did that work?

I have not tried yet, but I have purchased a Factory unlocked Iphone 5 that you stated might work as the band would be compatible to the breeze app as it was not fully updated for the newer Android phones! By the By, sorry for all the 'Havoc'...lol, it must be a new experience for you to see as other drone pilots with this quadcopter have come across minor issues. I may try to fly and bind this quadcopter with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and or Tab 4 do you think that will work?

I hope that was an iPhone 5S, as the 5C is not compatible with the controller (Bluetooth).

The Tab 3 should work, but not with the controller (same issue as the iPhone 5C).

The Tab 4 should work. You can give it a try.

Dear DoomMeister,
It is a Iphone5S and where can I find the app for this apple device?

Should be on the App Store. Breeze Cam.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold