Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Why no GPS?

Reaction score
New Breeze owner here. I opened my box today, charged and installed everything. I can connect to the drone just fine, the camera operates OK, but other than one time, my Breeze can't see any satellites.

I've tried it both inside and outside, using two Android devices and an iPad, but the Breeze sees no satellites other than that one time. That time (which was inside and using the iPad), the Breeze detected a bunch of satellites, and all the modes became available. (With no satellites, only the Pilot and Controller modes are available).

I turned the Breeze off to take it outside and use it with my Android phone, but when I powered back up, the satellites were gone again. And my Breeze hasn't seen them since, retrying with all three devices. Am I missing something obvious here? I do have the GPS switch on the upper left side of the screen turned on.

Last edited:
Well, gee, I'll go ahead and offer a possible solution to myself. I just now got a paperclip and stuck it in that hole by the USB port, restarted the Breeze, and now I have satellites again. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

When you power the Breeze on does it make a lah-dee-dah sound and the Power LED flash red-green-blue? Or make a blah-blah-blah sound and stay red?

After you connect on WiFi what do all the Status indicators on the top right show reading left to right?

Didn’t see your follow up post before I submitted my first response to your question. I had started the reply then quit to go to dinner then just continued when I got done.

Since you used the reset button, be sure to rerun the compass calibration as that data gets wiped by the reset.

If your Breeze keeps starting up and the GPS is red with 0 satellites take it back for an exchange.

Last edited:
I turned the Breeze on this morning and no satellites again. I then turned the Breeze off, getting ready to pack everything up and return it. Five minutes later, I remembered I had some video on it and decided to delete the files before returning the Breeze, and there were 16 satellites showing up. Does it take this long to find the satellites, or is there a problem?

Were you inside or out?

It can also help to leave the Breeze powered up and connected for 15 minutes to let GPS build a complete almanac. It should then find satellites easier after that.

Inside. And I've had it on and off several times since I posted, recalibrated the compass, and the Breeze is still showing satellites. I understand what you're saying about the almanac; I thought I had let it cook long enough outside yesterday for that very reason. But the Breeze still didn't see any satellites, and I'm concerned that it lost them again overnight. I'll mess with it some more today before deciding whether there's a problem or it's user error.

Are you getting the normal startup sound and lights every time?

Tweedle-do? That's what it sounds like to me. In any event, it connects to wifi just fine every time. And it hasn't had any trouble finding satellites since this morning.

I actually worked up the nerve to finally fly it a while ago, even tho it's pretty windy and cold where I am. It flew fine, There was a little pucker effect when I tried RTH and it went way high and seemed to be landing right on top of the tree I was standing under (I don't know how other folks seem to be able to see a smartphone screen in broad daylight) but it ended up landing exactly where it took off from. I got some pics and videos which are sharp and exposed correctly, if not artistically anything I'd show anyone. Fun so far!

Good to hear.

You can adjust the geofence distances and the RTH height in the settings (use the burger in the upper left). There are settings for the drone, camera, and general. The in-app manual and firmware versions can be found there also.

Just so you know, when you initiate an RTH sequence the Breeze halts what it is doing and ascends to the set RTH altitude then returns to the start position and lands. There is no obstacle avoidance on the Breeze so be aware of its position when you press RTH.

For some reason I have to turn my Breeze on twice before I get GPS signal. I talked to tech support, they told me to wait longer. That’s not it, I waited 5 minutes or so. My on/off always works do I’ll live with it.

For some reason I have to turn my Breeze on twice before I get GPS signal. I talked to tech support, they told me to wait longer. That’s not it, I waited 5 minutes or so. My on/off always works do I’ll live with it.

Have you tried doing the hardware reset on the Breeze? I’ve replied on so many posts lately I can’t remember what I’ve said to whom.

Nice video you posted. What I noticed in it is how smoothly you control yaw movements. On my controller I have to move the left stick about 50% of travel before I get movement and then it is faster than I would like.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manalitourpackage