Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wizard help

Reaction score
Hi guys. Just purchased my first drone and in need of some advice as i cant seem to find the info im looking for through the manual. I wondering if there is a way to have the drone lock onto and follow the wizard remote and i then control the drone and camera from the st16. From reading the manual it says the wizard will control the drone and the st16 will only control the camera. Well that doesnt help me in what i want to achieve.

for example my brother inlaw does mountain biking I would like to give the wizard to him for him to clip onto his pocket and then I control of the drone and camera but have the drone set to follow the wizard

Thanks

I know you can use the wizard only in follow-me mode. The H will follow him and keep him in the frame. Just make sure to enable OBS and hope your H has RealSense. I am not sure how well the standard sonar sensors are in tracking all of the branches/etc.

yeah ive found I can use the wizard only in follow me but there lays the problem I simply want the wizard to be what the drone follows and then from there i can move the drone around etc :(

You can only bind the H to one controller at a time. The ST16 or the Wizard but only one. In team mode you can bind the Wizard to the H and the ST16 to the camera. If you think about what could happen if the H were allowed to bind to two controls.........anybody with another control could take over flying the H and crash or steal it. I don't know of any copter that will bind to more than one control at a time.

The rule of thumb when using the Wizard is to allow plenty of altitude to avoid hitting anything. If you are going uphill the H will climb but it's not a precision instrument. It's using a barometer which has a wide range of error. I've not used the follow-me mode but if I do I will use it in lead-me mode. In other words, I'll position the H to be out in front of me so I can see if it's getting into the danger zone.

Thanks for your reply mate. It appears I can't achieve what I would like to do. Oh well I'll have to look at other options. However I don't agree with "If you think about what could happen if the H were allowed to bind to two controls.........anybody with another control could take over flying the H and crash or steal it. " considering remotes have to be binded to the H via a binding process theoretically the only remotes that could possibly steal my drone are my own remotes

for example my brother inlaw does mountain biking I would like to give the wizard to him for him to clip onto his pocket and then I control of the drone and camera but have the drone set to follow the wizard

As Steve pointed out, this is not possible, but you could control the camera from the ST16. Only the camera. RTH could not work with two competing GPS signals coming from controllers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital