Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Has A New Model the H520

I cannot violate NDA, but will tell you that the majority of the information posted in these last three posts (price, availability, E50, E90 specs) are inaccurate.
Suppositions from dealers, show visitors, and in at least one case, Yuneec CS have been made that aren't correct.

Rumors (so far) about what will work and what won't work, what will be shipped and when; take it with a grain of salt. Any information from anyone but the Product Management and Marketing teams at Yuneec is likely to be off-target.

Yuneec Ltd will announce everything clearly when all components are ready, and most everyone here will likely be very excited about the specs, pricing, and offerings!
Meanwhile, here is a teaser photo of the 520, designed entirely for the Commercial/Enterprise market. This aircraft is not built with the typical Hobby/fun users in mind, although they'll enjoy it too, just without the hobby-oriented bells/whistles.

e4c01082-54c4-46f1-86c0-3f94a0988bdc-original.jpeg
[emoji106] good to hear

I cannot violate NDA, but will tell you that the majority of the information posted in these last three posts (price, availability, E50, E90 specs) are inaccurate.
Suppositions from dealers, show visitors, and in at least one case, Yuneec CS have been made that aren't correct.

Rumors (so far) about what will work and what won't work, what will be shipped and when; take it with a grain of salt. Any information from anyone but the Product Management and Marketing teams at Yuneec is likely to be off-target.

Yuneec Ltd will announce everything clearly when all components are ready, and most everyone here will likely be very excited about the specs, pricing, and offerings!
Meanwhile, here is a teaser photo of the 520, designed entirely for the Commercial/Enterprise market. This aircraft is not built with the typical Hobby/fun users in mind, although they'll enjoy it too, just without the hobby-oriented bells/whistles.

e4c01082-54c4-46f1-86c0-3f94a0988bdc-original.jpeg
Is this image from the TIMS coalition event in Boulder City, NV?

I wonder if the "all up" cost of a 520 won't cause more than a few to step up just a little further to go with the 920.

well the cost of the batteries will be a real big one. Right now to get 20 min air time from what info I can gather on the 920 discussion panel with the 920 you need 3 batteries. cost of two of them is over 200.00. For a hour of air time with out recharging you need at least 9 to 12. that puts the cost to at least 1300 to 1400 or even higher. Currently for my typhoon h I am running with out camera and getting 20 to 21 min per battery. I have 8 batteries currently 2 of them are oem yuneec from best buy cost over 300.00 for them. The 6 others are from ebay ultras 6300 mah got them for costing just over 104 for 2 batteries. For 2 hours 40min pure air time before recharge needed for flight batteries cost around 612.00. I had to dispose of two oem batteries that came with the done due puff up. I also got 2 extra st16 controller batteries because now the controller became the weak link to flight time before recharge. I can say the st16 battery takes over 4 hours to charge with the usb cable.I upgraded to external charger just for the st16 for quicker charge up time.

I wonder if the "all up" cost of a 520 won't cause more than a few to step up just a little further to go with the 920.

Though the 920+ is a great bit of kit, I think the H520 is going to be a better fit for most users. It's easier to transport and get flight ready, it has the newer controller and software and much longer flight times. I suspect most dealers will steer customers towards the orange one :)

Probably so but I don' think we've even begun to hear people squeal about the price yet.

Regarding batteries, big rigs need power so batteries are just part of the cost of doing business at that level. At the pro level it's real easy to have $7K+ in a camera and another $10k in the gimbal. That doesn't include the aircraft carrying them.

Reactions: Eyewingsuit
just got this email from vertigo drones.
Hey Terrence,
I just wanted to check in with you and give you the latest information on the H520. As of now, we are expecting to receive them by the first week of September. Yuneec is about a month behind at the moment, but we will be the first to have access to this drone and will ship your order out as soon as we receive them. We understand you have been patiently waiting for a long time now and are doing everything we can to speed up this process. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig