Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Zoom camera

Reaction score
I love my H pro but the one thing I think it lacks is a zoom lens(like the x5), does anyone know if such a thing exists or if there are any plans to introduce one??

There are plans to do a version of the H+ camera that works on the H, but nothing I've heard suggests they are thinking about a zoom cam...

Hopefully you also like the price of an X5. The only Yuneec platform to offer a zoom lens camera is the 920 Plus with the CGO-4. There are some still available. $2499 at VertigoDrones. It’s a much, much better camera.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
Funny thing, Yuneec had a zoom lens long before DJI did. The 920 with zoom lens features has been available since 2014. Not being affordable for the budget drone crowd kept the exposure and popularity low.

PatR I wonder if they had made the zoom camera affordable which they can still do but I wonder if that would have got a lot more people onboard with yuneec

DJI do the z3 camera which is a zoom version of the x3 and reasonably(for a zoom cam) priced, just think maybe Yuneec missed the boat on this, it would be a great feature for the H.

Reactions: Thomas111
That fits a hand held point and shoot pretty well. A good 14-42mm lens for a CGO-4 runs a couple hundred $$.

Yuneec have missed a massive opportunity to surpass DJI, but chose to pluck failure from the jaws of success, when they first marketed the H they hinted of a modular payload. IE: change cameras etc. But other than the incredibly over priced IR camera for the H they haven't come through on anything. Pretty sad to have such a great start and then trip and fall before the finish line.

There are plans to do a version of the H+ camera that works on the H, but nothing I've heard suggests they are thinking about a zoom cam...
If the C23 becomes available for the H then I will buy it but I read somewhere that due to low sales of the plus they have shelved the H version of the camera

Well between £300 to £500

That fits a hand held point and shoot pretty well. A good 14-42mm lens for a CGO-4 runs a couple hundred $$.

Which does not take into account the gimbal redesign to accommodate the tolerances at the longer focal length range of that zoom... as well as the intended purpose... photos only? video? Not going to do all that on budget of a few hundred... and not on projected units based on Yuneec's current market share.

That pretty much covers it. Take a look at the price of a CGO-4, which has zoom, to get an idea of extra cost.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers