Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

107 Currency Testing

PatR

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
For those of you that have taken or are studying for a 107 currency test, have, or did, any of you noticed increased emphasis on airport and runway markings? Have any of you noticed a lack of emphasis on aviation weather?

For those of you that have taken or are studying for a 107 currency test, have, or did, any of you noticed increased emphasis on airport and runway markings? Have any of you noticed a lack of emphasis on aviation weather?
What did you hear?

It's not what I'm hearing, it's what I'm seeing in a currency study course.

I’m trying to determine if the course unilaterally went off the deep end in favor of full scale ops, of if currency courses in general are focusing more on full scale ops, and if so, why. In this course there was considerably more emphasis on airspace identification than with the aero knowledge test as well.

As we can be fairly certain some testing standard will be implemented for the recreational side, what we see with 107 testing will trickle down to recreational. Be nice to learn where the focus might be well in advance.

Last edited:
I took the REcurrency test this week and airspace was the reoccurring question. I had at least 15 questions relating to airspace, height of towers, etc. if you wear glasses, be sure to take them in. I got tired of trying to find that small airport or tower, etc so that I could find small blip on the map in a crowded area.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I brought a magnifying glass and they were cool with it. Even with my reading glasses, it’s tough in the more complex areas where stuff is stacked on top of each other.

I'll preface my question/remark with; You guys are generally more informed than me on this stuff.

I was discussing part 107 testing with a recreational pilot friend and we both wondered why aviation weather patterns would have much prominence at all in 107 testing? We're talking less than 30 minute flights in localized areas under 400ft. Wouldn't it make more sense to focus on airspace requirements rather than weather patterns?

I'll preface my question/remark with; You guys are generally more informed than me on this stuff.

I was discussing part 107 testing with a recreational pilot friend and we both wondered why aviation weather patterns would have much prominence at all in 107 testing? We're talking less than 30 minute flights in localized areas under 400ft. Wouldn't it make more sense to focus on airspace requirements rather than weather patterns?
Weather is not in the recurrency test.

Concur. Weather is on the initial aeronautical knowledge test. It’s an FAA pet peeve, all classes and ratings get at least one go round with weather and manned aviation weather testing gains considerably more depth with each higher rating. VFR flight into IFR conditions still kills a lot of people every year.

None of us will have any threat of being killed because if weather unless we fly in T-Storms but we need to know how our actions can impact manned aviators if we choose to fly in low vis, in, or above clouds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval