Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

16.6volts out of 12 volt system

Reaction score
Now I am confused, how does the TH batterys come up with 16.6 volts. I know I'm just an old country boy but how does this happen?

Each Typhoon battery has 4 cells rated at 4.2 volts full charge.
The batteries are called 4S because each cell is wired in series,
so (4.2)+(4.2)+(4.2)+(4.2) =16.8 volts max charge.

Each Typhoon battery has 4 cells rated at 4.2 volts full charge.
The batteries are called 4S because each cell is wired in series,
so (4.2)+(4.2)+(4.2)+(4.2) =16.8 volts max charge.
He can add! Wow Bob, that was amazing ! LOL! (paybacks a b*^ch) LOL !;)

Funny guys I'm trying to get educated here.

For some reason I'm only showing 16.6 on my ST16. I have figured out that stated voltages on the outside of the batteries is the storage amounts when you let them set up.

Last edited:
The reported voltage of 3.7V per cell (or 14.8V) is the nominal voltage. Not the max charged voltage.
Think of this as "half charged" voltage.

They charge above this voltage, so the H charges to 4.20V/cell (16.8V) and should never be drained below 3.3V/cell (13.2V) This will really HURT the battery.

As a rule do not let the battery EVER get below 13.20V.... I will never let mine get below 14.0V (3.5V/cell )

If yours is only reporting 16.7 you may not have conditioned the battery properly but that is very close so I would not worry.

Good info. Can it be under reporting on the ST16? I know how I conditioned mine so they were done right. They flown to 14.8 then to 14.6, then finally 14.4. They have always been 16.6. I have a g.t. Power A8.im wondering if I should use this?

The reported voltage of 3.7V per cell (or 14.8V) is the nominal voltage. Not the max charged voltage.

They charge above this voltage, so the H charges to 4.20V/cell (16.8V) and should never be drained below 3.3V/cell (13.2V) This will really HURT the battery.

As a rule do not let the battery EVER get below 13.20V.... I will never let mine get below 14.0V (3.5V/cell )

If yours is only reporting 16.7 you may not have conditioned the battery properly but that is very close so I would not worry.
I have conditioned about 16 lipos in my life, and mine from Yuneec read 16.7v from the minute after the 1st charge out of the box! It does not concern me," BUT" it was conditioned properly !:eek:

Last edited:
The best I can get out of the stock charger is 14.7v. Been that way since the first charge. I always check the voltage with a DVM. I have 2 batteries and they are both the same charge.

Sorry, corrected type O !:eek:

I have four conditioned batteries and they register 16.6 on the ST16 from the beginning to now with many flights. Never have obtained the magical 16.8.

Reactions: DroneClone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval