Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

2.1 Mile Yuneec H Flight

For myself, it is:

1) Security. My 'new' nominal range is 500-1500' out as that is all the H is good for in stock mode. The video and telemetry do break up. This range gives the me the security that the control and video will not break getting low or along a slight bend behind an obstruction. This happens quite a bit for me. This is why I would like to get my H modded. My prior FPV range with Immersion and other 5.8 VTX was over a mile that I used effectively (below).

2) I fly mostly over water, either the Pacific coast or the SF Bay. I really like knowing the signal and view I am flying with are tight and are not going to go away.

3) I chase the sun. I chase the waves. I will catch the pelicans flying above me and tag along. At 20mph following a wave break up into the sunset you are at 2000' in a minute and half; that passes really fast when immersed in the view. Of that minute plus, you have maybe 5 seconds of usable video when edited down. I want to catch that video but more I want to simply fly and catch the sun - without having the telemetry go away.

Congrats on your test…. Based on the file name on YouTube, casual viewers might think the DBS alone will get one 2 mile range. I don't think this was the case. Nice flat terrain worked in your favor as well.

I know you worked hard to modify your ST16 and H…. Thanks for sharing that knowledge with us as I have taken advantage of it in my mods :)

2.1 miles, 4K upload and a really aweful video quality :confused:
Blame YOUtube bad compression The Original is so much better but its 3GB plus lighting was horrible set it to auto had no time t make proper adjustment

Blame YOUtube bad compression The Original is so much better but its 3GB plus lighting was horrible set it to auto had no time t make proper adjustment

Youtube do not change the video(quality). when you do it correct

As a sample look at here:

Works perfect :)

So you're saying that you didn't really care about the video quality because as everyone know "Range Tests" are a thing of cinematic beauty? Next time add some motion blur, it may add a few hundred yards to the range test for crying out loud!!! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval