Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

2-24 Firmware V3.03 and ST16 B30 - Post Your Results Here

What are your results with the new Feb. 2017 Firmware

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jeff,
i have returned the entire package on each occasion. That way they have everything to check /test.
Last repair was blamed on software. Sadly not all damage was repaired either. The misc scratches caused by the crash were not replaced only the broken items. So i had a drone returned that looks like crap so i cant even sell it.
The current issue with the left stick on the st16 has only been since the latest firmware went in.
The flip over also occurred after the firmware. The h was on the ground in Angle mode but failed to return to idle, despite me holding down like i normally do. The drone simply went full throttle with no input from me and flipped.

The other issue is it obviously looses gps but you have no warning come up on the st16 , the h is non responsive when this happens the only command it accepts is up . sometimes it swirls like a toilet bowl others it shoots off in a straight line at full speed.
Both of these malfunctions occur at take off so the only command at this point is up.
I am asking for a refund as i dont believe a repair or replacement is sufficient.

Reasons being product confidence , secondly the drones performance is below expectaions.All the faults experienced have been supposedly rectified via firmware updates yet the same faults it has had since new are still present. So to repair or replace it would simply be handing me the same problems in a different shell. It cant hover accurately at all, which is useless when near any objects.
Sooner or later it will cause personal and or property damage that i will be liable for.I am simply am too scared to fly it

Regards Matt
Just wondering why you feel a replacement wouldn't solve the problems. It seems to be unique to your "H", otherwise everyone would be having the same issues.

Post update I'm still restricted to 400 FT altitude, how can that be adjusted?
I've already factory reset the ST16+.

Thanks.

Post update I'm still restricted to 400 FT altitude, how can that be adjusted?
I've already factory reset the ST16+.

Thanks.
you can change that in the GUI on your computer if you connect the Typhoon via USB to the computer.

Just wondering why you feel a replacement wouldn't solve the problems. It seems to be unique to your "H", otherwise everyone would be having the same issues.
Its product confidence, there is none. I ordered the typhoon h on a pre order, super excited about it . took delivery 3 decent flights and the fouth was a fly away, crashed damaged the arms and camera and landing gear.it was a week old.
Drone is returned firmware blamed but not all damage repaired. Cosmetic scratches left as a bad memory.
From here i have experienced 1 toilet bowl crash and 2 flip overs after the drone has safely landed. Not to mention multiple near misses as a result of gps and compass errors mid flight resulting in no response between the h and st16. This is from 26 sept 2016 to november 2016. Flew again new years day and again flyaway, total nightmare.
I have been reading this forum since i took owner ship and i have learnt a lot on the pros n cons of this craft. But at the end of the day there are hundreds of posts on this forum alone with issues of fly away, toilet bowl, drifting at hovering at unacceptable levels, gps failures, compass failures.
In the 5 months of ownig this i have had it in for almost 2 months of repairs. I have had enough.
Had i known these faults existed i would not have purchased this product.
Purchasing dealer admitted to me last week they dropped the product as all and 20 they sold had warranty issues. To me that's a staggering issue.
I was also told 6 crashed resulting in damage to the craft. Mine more than once.
I have flight log data showing the h flying multiple times in china some europe but most are at 0.00longitude/0.00lattitude. I live in australia so it's obviously something wrong.
This is whay i am seeking a refund, extremely disappointed, the foldaway legs and 360 gimbal were the soul reasons i chose this over the competition.
Sorry for the long rant
Matt

[/QUOTE]
I keep getting asked why i want a refund, this is why. The product has major issues and this is the result. Sorry to see this, your mate must be really disappointed, i hope he is still covered by wty.

Supposition and rumour. I know the guy who's had the crash - Yuneec are helping him.

At this stage, hundreds of people have upgraded the firmware and a couple have had accidents - that's not a major issue, though of course we may learn more in time. In the mean time, we shouldn't be presenting guesses as 'facts'.

We've had a handful of crash reports recently, and at least two of them have turned out to be pilot error (even though the pilots strongly blamed the Typhoon at the time). Crashes are still a minority experience.

I've said it before and I'll say it again If your drone does not appear to be responding normally, stop at once. It's as simple as that. A normal Typhoon does not toilet bowl, and if flown properly it will not move unexpectedly (flyaways, flips, changes in height). If it does any of these things, first check the mode you're flying in and that your sticks are properly calibrated (the two most common causes of unexpected movement). If you are certain it's not pilot or controller error, get the machine checked over by a reputable distributor. If you cannot get it to fly normally - send it back. The vast majority of Typhoons are reliable, predictable and robust machines. If yours is not, then don't fly it. At this point it doesn't matter whether the machine is faulty or the pilot is at error - If you cannot reliably control the drone you have purchased, you should not be flying it.

In the 5 months of ownig this i have had it in for almost 2 months of repairs. I have had enough.
Had i known these faults existed i would not have purchased this product.
Purchasing dealer admitted to me last week they dropped the product as all and 20 they sold had warranty issues. To me that's a staggering issue.

Nothing but bad luck, huh. Very sad to hear your problems.

Kindly give me the name and location of this dealer you purchased from. You can PM me if you do not want to give it publicly.
I hope everything works out for you. We have a lot of members there.
Thanks.

It is important for all of us to take care to make sure our stated facts are correct before posting on public forums. Hearsay and rumors are not facts. Beliefs and opinions are fine, but please don't call them facts.

I am not directing this to anyone, but to all of us...

Nothing but bad luck, huh. Very sad to hear your problems.

Kindly give me the name and location of this dealer you purchased from. You can PM me if you do not want to give it publicly.
I hope everything works out for you. We have a lot of members there.
Thanks.
I'll send you the details via pm

So fast climbs into colder air could shut it down? I'd think the heat it generates in flight would negate that.

Agreed. Both the motors and IMU are not going to go below the initial unlock temperature once in flight.

I am closing this thread for further comments. Many of the comments are off topic. When replying in this forum please stay on topic and avoid the temptation to rant. Useful information gets buried by such comments.

Reactions: JPL15
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox