Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

2-24 Firmware V3.03 and ST16 B30 - Post Your Results Here

What are your results with the new Feb. 2017 Firmware

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not updated yet
st16_system_v03.01b27
st16_tx_v00.24
st16_vf_v01.10
Do I need to update?

Thanks

Hello,

You are not obliged to do so, and if your system is working nicely you may want to keep it as it is.
The update has some nice extra's though.

You can find them at the beginning of this thread.

Cheers!

Yesterday I found that use of the D-pads as a 'cruise control' can be over-ridden by the right stick. Then, when the stick is released, 'cruise control' is resumed. This results in extremely smooth speed transitions from the Typhoon.
I started slow forward flight using the D-pad in tortoise, then moved it into hare to speed it up, then pressed forward on the right stick to further increase speed. When I released the right stick, the D-pad was still active and I was able to slowly and smoothly bring the Typhoon to a stop. Apologies if you already know about this feature, but temporarily over-riding with the sticks was new to me and doesn't seem to have been discussed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Windluv
After a long period of anxious waiting I did my first test with new (EU) firmware. Had to wait for the weather to be ok, also winds at somewhat higher altitudes.

Of course I started out with freshly calibrated (accellometer and compass as well as gimball) and GPS-sound drone. Let the drone sit, power on, at take off for 10 minutes. After smooth take off and nicely retracting gear I was very happy to see the altitude limit issue mended, H easily climbed up to 350 mtrs. Contact with drone and video quite ok.
Rest of the flight was ok, although I did not find landing easier then before. I use to take off and land on my car's roof, but landing did not succeed... the H even almost crashed tumbling off the roof. No real winds, only very small gentle and predictable breeze.... Going to try doing better next time and check if it was just a moment of weakness....

I have to see if any of the vid material is worth looking at. Also flight data still to be evaluated. More coming soon if it is worth while mentioning. As for now I am happy with new (EU) firmware which installed perfectly by OTA.

Cheers!

The top of your car is metal isn't it??? I can't think of a worse place to land.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yesterday I found that use of the D-pads as a 'cruise control' can be over-ridden by the sticks. Then, when the sticks are released, 'cruise control' is resumed. This results in extremely smooth flight transitions from the Typhoon.
I started slow forward flight using the D-pad in tortoise, then move it into hare to speed it up, then pressed forward on the right stick to further increase speed. When I released the right stick, I found that the D-pad was still active and was able to slowly and smoothly bring the Typhoon to a stop. Apologies if you already know about this feature, but temporarily over-riding with the sticks was new to me and doesn't seem to have been discussed.

I was testing D-pads cruise control the other day and I didn't saw movement if you clik just couple of times. Anyway, I thought that when I move stick , cruise control will be reset but it was not. If i remember well , previously this was the case, right ' Now you need to move D-pad to zero to stop cruise control.

I was testing D-pads cruise control the other day and I didn't saw movement if you clik just couple of times. Anyway, I thought that when I move stick , cruise control will be reset but it was not. If i remember well , previously this was the case, right ' Now you need to move D-pad to zero to stop cruise control.

Moving the stick stops cruising....not start. That's for CCC and POI where stick push starts. Nothing changed from original introduction of cruise control at dpad

Hi Graig,

No, it is glass.

Cheers!

But your car has metal also? I can't set my H on a wood table with metal base without seeing a compass flash. My 350 and Chroma are the same and Yuneec compass is not happy being near metal surfaces at take off let alone landing.

Moving the stick stops cruising....not start. That's for CCC and POI where stick push starts. Nothing changed from original introduction of cruise control at dpad

I don't know, I moved stick but copter was afterwards still in cruise control so I used D-pad to zero and then it stopped. I will try again when i will be flying.

I don't know, I moved stick but copter was afterwards still in cruise control so I used D-pad to zero and then it stopped. I will try again when i will be flying.

Only right stick... you still have altitude while cruising... I'll check mine again but I did a bunch of cruising as I had issues pre new firmware and now do not

But your car has metal also? I can't set my H on a wood table with metal base without seeing a compass flash. My 350 and Chroma are the same and Yuneec compass is not happy being near metal surfaces at take off let alone landing.

Yeh, there is some metal involved.
As I did not experience any swerving on my other attempts I have not thought about the compass at all. See #260.

I am cured now, thanks.

:)

Only right stick... you still have altitude while cruising... I'll check mine again but I did a bunch of cruising as I had issues pre new firmware and now do not
Yes, I moved right stick and it didn't removed cruise. But I will try again in coming days.

Yes, I moved right stick and it didn't removed cruise. But I will try again in coming days.
Yes, that's right. And you can still take the Typhoon out of 'cruise' by using the D-pad or stirring the right stick.

Wait!! Why is this the first time I've ever heard about a cruise control!? I'm going to have to check that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep getting a real sense not detected error, I do have the box checked and I have advanced on. Also I'm getting several millisecond compass calibration errors. And thing I need to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy