Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

2-24 Firmware V3.03 and ST16 B30 - Post Your Results Here

What are your results with the new Feb. 2017 Firmware

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Pilots,
I'm new to drones and updates. My problem is that I updated my drone software and it took several attempts because at first it couldn't find the drone, then after more restarts they found each other but the update was taking forever. I think I interrupted it and now when I tap the update button I get the message "upgrade failed, aircraft type can't be retrieved."
Any help as to what to do would be greatly appreciated.
view

Hi Pilots,
I'm new to drones and updates. My problem is that I updated my drone software and it took several attempts because at first it couldn't find the drone, then after more restarts they found each other but the update was taking forever. I think I interrupted it and now when I tap the update button I get the message "upgrade failed, aircraft type can't be retrieved."
Any help as to what to do would be greatly appreciated.
view

Yuneec UK has video to explain problems. Creating a new model may help.
I would down load files for loading from SD cards and not use wifi as there is less to go wrong.
CaptainDrone has a video as well.
Just upgraded and had to rebind my H before final process.

Reactions: zuccinni
Hey guys. Did the ota update. Everything went well. Flys great but now when i first connect to st16, i get a "failed to initialize camera" error in red at top of screen. Strange being camera view is already available. After about 15 seconds it switches to the default message, "welcome pilot". I am one of those fortunate people who have done every update thus far without a single issue. So i guess im overdue! LOL!

That's normal...always has been.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ok, so when do we clear the flight data? I'm just a bit confused at this point since the 3.0 video says nothing about clearing the flight data!
Maybe someone could write the steps down to clear the flight data for everyone who hasn't done the upgrade yet.

Ok, so when do we clear the flight data? I'm just a bit confused at this point since the 3.0 video says nothing about clearing the flight data!
Maybe someone could write the steps down to clear the flight data for everyone who hasn't done the upgrade yet.

The 3.0 video with English guy has a specific "chapter" in the video for clearing flight data. It's after ST16 update before rebind to H and camera to then update H and camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The 3.0 video with English guy has a specific "chapter" in the video for clearing flight data. It's after ST16 update before rebind to H and camera to then update H and camera.

Thanks Craig, I must have missed that in the video, my 4 year old was eyeing my H while I was trying to watch the video, so I was a bit distracted half way through. I'll re-watch before I update today! Fingers crossed!

Camera response error failed to decompress, can anybody help me with this?

Thank you

Was it doing it via OTA?

I used the memory card. No result. Its a time out when decompress the files.
Please let me know if somebody else if facing this issue.

Is there other files on the card? If it's the factory one, there are some manuals and tutorials you might consider keeping. It needs to see only the file you are updating. I'd download the firmware file again as the one you are trying could be corrupted from its download to your computer.

Installed via sd, no issues on upload. clear data, rebind, accel cal and gimbal cal.

But now out of rebooting 6 times, the camera wifi will not connect 4 of those 6 times. I tried removing the camera and reinstalling, that worked but rebooting again (2 times) and it wouldn't connect. Separation distance between st16 and drone is 2 feet on this ground checkout.

Older firmware had zero wifi startup issues (though was losing video 600ft flying out), but now I feel I'm in the wifi trap others have been having.

Will try flying tomorrow if the camera connects. Also have 2 tattu ultra x batteries to try out (very nice!).

Installed via sd, no issues on upload. clear data, rebind, accel cal and gimbal cal.

But now out of rebooting 6 times, the camera wifi will not connect 4 of those 6 times. I tried removing the camera and reinstalling, that worked but rebooting again (2 times) and it wouldn't connect. Separation distance between st16 and drone is 2 feet on this ground checkout.

Older firmware had zero wifi startup issues (though was losing video 600ft flying out), but now I feel I'm in the wifi trap others have been having.

Will try flying tomorrow if the camera connects. Also have 2 tattu ultra x batteries to try out (very nice!).

Those batteries are great. You don't necessarily pick up more flight time under heavy load flying but get longer time in hover especially in low wind. You may notice your H sounds different also. I've got 3 and have placed my Yuneecs into storage until needed for long trip. For your camera, try connecting with the CGO app and see how that responds. Is the green light solid in the front during this new delay? Also check to see how well ST 16 connects to your home wifi as an android. Also check the connectors on the camera mount to make sure they are all popped up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Four flights yesterday in light winds. The Typhoon completely held position at altitude, as usual very impressive. I don't like the speed of the 'improved landing', it's too slow in tortoise and makes it more difficult to land quickly if needed. I was caught out on the first landing. Thinking it had landed, I released the descend stick, whereupon it spun up again and fell over breaking two props:eek:. First damage I've had:(. So, keeping the left stick down until you've killed the motors is more important now:cool:.

I normally never like to give negative answers on the forum as people probably know what they have to do anyway. I had the same problem, eventually I ended up in the London office of Yuneec UK where there was the chap who does the Yuneec Video on upgrading working on it. The result (a good and lucky one for me ) they let me upgrade from the original two antenna Typhoon H I had to the new Pro with the 3 antenna all in the new case. Therefore if you really do have the same problem that I had then your answer is to return it to Yuneec. Although I could not upgrade, the Typhoon flew perfectly well with the already installed firmware. Not much of an answer but at least you know you are not the only one who had the problem.

As a long-time H owner, its GREAT for me to see (the poll) very few people having issues with the upgrade. I myself did the upgrade and everything is working just fine. As one of those that experienced issues with upgrades this one went very well.

I did experience a bit of confusion when updating. The last update had my H brick when the OTA update failed and the H wouldn't power up. So this one I tried doing the original method using the SD card. Well, it looked like all my settings were still from doing it the OTA method and it did update using OTA.. No issues...

I'm very pleased to say the least...

Reactions: Dadjvs
But now out of rebooting 6 times, the camera wifi will not connect 4 of those 6 times. I tried removing the camera and reinstalling, that worked but rebooting again (2 times) and it wouldn't connect.

Try rebinding the camera. In fact, you might create a new model (easy) and rebind both the ST16 and the camera.
Good luck...

I upgraded my H and all seems to be fine (2 flights), except this problem of mine with video connection which is probably not in connection with this update as it happens oftten to me earlier too..
I want to ask you all guys, how often (if any) do you have video feed connection breakdown in flight so you need to wait reconnection ?
I mean when flying in close range like 20-200 meters.

I upgraded my H and all seems to be fine (2 flights), except this problem of mine with video connection which is probably not in connection with this update as it happens oftten to me earlier too..
I want to ask you all guys, how often (if any) do you have video feed connection breakdown in flight so you need to wait reconnection ?
I mean when flying in close range like 20-200 meters.
Happens to me I'd say, on average, something like one in four flights. Usually within 20 to 30 seconds after take off but it usually reconnects within a short time. This has been discussed extensively on this forum and it would appear that many people associate the problem with operation of the landing gear. In my case It's been doing it since I got it June last year and has done it once in the four flights I've had since I updated the firmware using the November release a few weeks ago. So, no, I don't believe the issue is entirely firmware specific IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold