Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

2 USB ports on the left underside

Reaction score
Looking to find out what the 2 USB ports on the left underside (looking from the front) of a Typhoon H Plus are for,
and are they both supposed to have rubber covers, one of mine does, not the other

thanks

Larry

The one with the cover should be the USB port for the RealSense module. Used for firmware updates, but none have ever been released.

The other USB port is for connecting to the computer to download ulog files. DO NOT, repeat DO NOT connect to the computer with a battery installed in the aircraft. QGroundControl is used to facilitate extracting the ulog files. They contain more complete information about the aircraft than the telemetry files logged on the ST16S.

Reactions: Steve Carr
The one with the cover should be the USB port for the RealSense module. Used for firmware updates, but none have ever been released.

The other USB port is for connecting to the computer to download ulog files. DO NOT, repeat DO NOT connect to the computer with a battery installed in the aircraft. QGroundControl is used to facilitate extracting the ulog files. They contain more complete information about the aircraft than the telemetry files logged on the ST16S.
Cool, Thanks

What ever you do, Don't EVER plug into those USB ports. It will lock up your drone and only the factory appears able to reset it.
I did it to my H Plus after having owned it for only two months. Spent the next six or seven months with Yuneec during that whole mess with the other repair company.
Finally got it back then it mysteriously crashed a month and a half after that. So yea. Don't plug into that port.

What ever you do, Don't EVER plug into those USB ports. It will lock up your drone and only the factory appears able to reset it.
I did it to my H Plus after having owned it for only two months. Spent the next six or seven months with Yuneec during that whole mess with the other repair company.
Finally got it back then it mysteriously crashed a month and a half after that. So yea. Don't plug into that port.
That is only true when you plug in with a battery installed in the aircraft. That is the reason I warned him not to do it with a battery in the aircraft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech