Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

30x Optical zoom camera coming to H520

I agree unless there's interpolative software built in.
Wouldn't you think it would be better to post-process outside of the camera. We do post-processing on all inspection images. Exposure is one of the key things, but fixing that before zooming makes a big difference. I just don't see any onboard software doing what a computer driven software can. We run through part of this process regardless as part of mark-ups. Sometimes we localize the corrections so that the subject is made more apparent and thus more easily identified by others.

Wouldn't you think it would be better to post-process outside of the camera. We do post-processing on all inspection images. Exposure is one of the key things, but fixing that before zooming makes a big difference. I just don't see any onboard software doing what a computer driven software can. We run through part of this process regardless as part of mark-ups. Sometimes we localize the corrections so that the subject is made more apparent and thus more easily identified by others.
Completely agree. The issue of interpolation is much like JPG files. You just want the deed done quickly and better than just the raw image.

Reactions: chascoadmin
Email advert I got from Vertigo.

Impressive, in my humble opinion!

Not sure I can hand hold my 100-400mm, fully extended, any better than that. And that includes having IS enabled on the telephoto.

Jeff

Reactions: thoneter
Impressive, in my humble opinion!

Not sure I can hand hold my 100-400mm, fully extended, any better than that. And that includes having IS enabled on the telephoto.

Jeff
It definitely changed my "perspective", but it is hard to determine anything by a video. Has anyone seen any raw photos from no/max zoom? I have seen cameras that were meant for video/fpv (CgoET and E10T standard) use where the image didn't stack up so I am still not sold for that cost. Also, did anyone else notice the distortion? Surprising at that zoom factor. I would expect the movement as the drone can only stay so still, but panning exhibited a pretty high amount of distortion as is yawed.

In case you are not aware, Public Safety has been asking for this capability on the H520 for some time now. It is not for taking pictures or shooting movies, public safety uses it to help locate people and things. This camera is perfect for its desired use even if it is a few years old. And yes we want the optical zoom and the digital zoom. For this application Public Safety doesn't care about post production. You have to remember what the H520 was built for, it is an industrial application aircraft, hence the orange color.

In case you are not aware, Public Safety has been asking for this capability on the H520 for some time now. It is not for taking pictures or shooting movies, public safety uses it to help locate people and things. This camera is perfect for its desired use even if it is a few years old. And yes we want the optical zoom and the digital zoom. For this application Public Safety doesn't care about post production. You have to remember what the H520 was built for, it is an industrial application aircraft, hence the orange color.
Exactly, which is why I said FPV. I understand that use case, but wouldn't the distortion still be a factor. I am assuming you are panning with SAR?

Exactly, which is why I said FPV. I understand that use case, but wouldn't the distortion still be a factor. I am assuming you are panning with SAR?

Just like scanning the skies, one would expect the technique would not be a pan, but rather:

Move the camera a few degrees, observe the scene.

This is the technique I use when I am "looking" for something, rather than trying to create a pleasing video.

Jeff

Reactions: chascoadmin
Just like scanning the skies, one would expect the technique would not be a pan, but rather:

This is the technique I use when I am "looking" for something, rather than trying to create a pleasing video.

Jeff
Exactly. I get it now. Sometimes though your eye will catch something during the pan in between and it would be much faster unless you know the specific area. I don't do anything like this so just throwing stuff out there to learn. I know our local Public Safety has expressed interest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech