Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

3dr Solo batteries in a H

Reaction score
I have been playing around with my batteries again. I had a friend bring me 2 3dr Solo batteries since he trashed his 3dr drone. I noticed the cells were very close to the Typhoon H and H Plus specs so I opened one up. It has the same voltage, amps, and current drops as the H battery. I 3d printed a battery case, dropped the 3dr Solo cells into it, slid it into my H Plus, and flew my H Plus drone 7 minutes longer than all of my Yuneec batteries. This is a nice little find since Yuneec batteries are ridiculously expensive. I have seen some of the old 3dr Solo batteries on different sites going for 40-50 bucks! I have already purchased 4 and will use them in my other drones. What I like about the 3dr batteries is they last much longer, have longer air time, and are a better quality cell. FYI- don't use the same battery board found in the 3dr solo battery. Replace it with a new one. The board is designed to protect against overcharging and discharging below the specs of the cell. Happy droning.

I have been playing around with my batteries again. I had a friend bring me 2 3dr Solo batteries since he trashed his 3dr drone. I noticed the cells were very close to the Typhoon H and H Plus specs so I opened one up. It has the same voltage, amps, and current drops as the H battery. I 3d printed a battery case, dropped the 3dr Solo cells into it, slid it into my H Plus, and flew my H Plus drone 7 minutes longer than all of my Yuneec batteries. This is a nice little find since Yuneec batteries are ridiculously expensive. I have seen some of the old 3dr Solo batteries on different sites going for 40-50 bucks! I have already purchased 4 and will use them in my other drones. What I like about the 3dr batteries is they last much longer, have longer air time, and are a better quality cell. FYI- don't use the same battery board found in the 3dr solo battery. Replace it with a new one. The board is designed to protect against overcharging and discharging below the specs of the cell. Happy droning.
Great idea!
A few questions:
1) Is this the battery case you used? ----> Yuneec Typhoon H battery tray by covert
2) Where did you get an appropriate board to use for your new battery?
3) Could one just take the cells from the 3DR battery, and open the Yuneec battery and just switch out the cells?
Thanks, you may have just done us all a hugh favor!

Great idea!
A few questions:
1) Is this the battery case you used? ----> Yuneec Typhoon H battery tray by covert
2) Where did you get an appropriate board to use for your new battery?
3) Could one just take the cells from the 3DR battery, and open the Yuneec battery and just switch out the cells?
Thanks, you may have just done us all a hugh favor!
Sorry for the late reply but I get busy as crap sometimes.
I used that battery tray STL, yes. The battery protection board is one I picked up on ebay for about 5 bucks. You can swap out the cells and use the battery board from the 3dr battery. Just be sure to use a good charger with it.

The problem with Yuneec and its fanbase (customers) is that everyone wants to hold on to their secrets. Everyone feels as though Yuneec has left us hanging with the loss of their US location. I have been flying, building, and programming drones since eBay started listing them. My advice to anyone looking to buy a Yuneec drone would be- DON'T. I saw their market failing early enough to buy up spare parts and have learned how to swap different parts from other drones. I have enough parts to build several H and H Plus drones. The problem is with their gimbal software. I own 11 CGO3+ camera gimbals that need calibrating but cannot get the software so these things went from 350 dollars to 20 dollars. Since Yuneec doesn't have ANY support in the US, it is not worth buying up the used stuff or the broken. So this means, all of our crap we have will be worth nothing in the coming years. Right now the price has been driven up by supply and demand but give it two years.

Reactions: AussieCate
The problem with Yuneec and its fanbase (customers) is that everyone wants to hold on to their secrets. Everyone feels as though Yuneec has left us hanging with the loss of their US location. I have been flying, building, and programming drones since eBay started listing them. My advice to anyone looking to buy a Yuneec drone would be- DON'T. I saw their market failing early enough to buy up spare parts and have learned how to swap different parts from other drones. I have enough parts to build several H and H Plus drones. The problem is with their gimbal software. I own 11 CGO3+ camera gimbals that need calibrating but cannot get the software so these things went from 350 dollars to 20 dollars. Since Yuneec doesn't have ANY support in the US, it is not worth buying up the used stuff or the broken. So this means, all of our crap we have will be worth nothing in the coming years. Right now the price has been driven up by supply and demand but give it two years.
Just look at this forum. I remember a time when you would see a LOT more posts than you do today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval