Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

4Hawks range extending antenna.

I have never told anyone not to use an extender. But I also fail to understand what is wrong with knowing the applicable laws and rules are. And having been an expert witness in a few RC related legal cases I can absolutely tell you one of the first things that gets looked at is if everything was being operated legally.

I have plenty of friends, and if sharing with others what the laws are loses me friends, oh well. And I fail to understand what the benefit of ignorance of the laws accomplishes. Because, you know what they say, ignorance of the law is no defense.

I understand and appreciate your feedback. I had a similar feedback from someone on another forum a few months ago when all I asked was if it was legal to fly in a dense residential area where he was and I got a rude and ignorant reply to mind my own business and he stopped short of calling me names. Not that it would bother me. Interestingly one of the monitors didn’t reprimand him but almost seemed to agree with him. Then I found this forum and the other one I quit visiting. This one educates the other on didn’t.

..LOL... I’m parked on the other end.... but I did have my hatch open!
So that's not your black Mini Van? Who else in the world is out there with all that white stuff on the ground?
I don't even see any wild animals or even birds out?

Calm down everyone, sip some wine and relax. Caben fever;) will be over in a month or so!
LOLLOLLOLLO! Right on brother I
Calm down everyone, sip some wine and relax. Caben fever;) will be over in a month or so!
LOLLOLLOLLOL ,right on brother ,I am losing it . Wine is fine but Wild Turkey is better . My controller has been in the shop for 10 days now,I still have three or four more to go,bright side is I am getting a brand new one. Cabin fever + withdrawls. =drinking & foruming.

So that's not your black Mini Van? Who else in the world is out there with all that white stuff on the ground?
I don't even see any wild animals or even birds out?
... There's lots of ravens to mess with!... and I drive a Hummer!... and it's snowing AGAIN!!!.. Dang it!...DJI_0009.jpg

Thanks for the input. As I had said it’s the improved communication between the H and the st16plus that I’m interested in. I’m too scared to let mine go past vlos. At least if it goes down I have some place to start to look for it.[emoji38]
I have the Itelite DBS05.6B MAX it's a little cheaper I fly as far as I can see great video & communication I was going to get the 4 Hawk it's smaller & cost about 45 dollars more I fly around in my neighborhood in Texas & the police see me all the time I've been flying my H for over 2 years now I do stay away from FWY & helicopter terminals sometimes planes helicopters fly lower than 400 feet so I have to watch it, Im just saying Fly within sight no problem with the Max Itelite

Here's an interesting tidbit. This standard provision is included in every Daytime Waiver (107.29) to allow night time flight:

All emitters used in sUAS must be in compliance with all applicable FCC regulations and all provisions of the FCC authorization granted for the emitter. A FCC experimental authorization may not be used for sUAS operations under this Waiver.

This would include being in compliance with Part 15.203 and 15.204 which prohibit using any antenna other than what the emitter (controller, transmitter) were certified with.

But then again somebody has to actually catch you which is a very low probability event.

Here's an interesting tidbit. This standard provision is included in every Daytime Waiver (107.29) to allow night time flight:

This would include being in compliance with Part 15.203 and 15.204 which prohibit using any antenna other than what the emitter (controller, transmitter) were certified with.

But then again somebody has to actually catch you which is a very low probability event.
Unless they confiscated it because of misuse, and checked it would the Police know what they were looking at? I suspect here in UK they wouldn't have a clue.

Yep. FCC has chosen to completely ignore this rule. Which is annoying. If you are not going to enforce it then you should remove it from your rules. Still worth knowing about however. As they say, ignorance of the law is no defense.

I used to fly under FAR Part 103 and unless they had to investigate an incident they weren’t interested in weather your aircraft met the requirements. They didn’t have the time or the resources to run around and inspect them all. The FCC is the same. Besides if they were to investigate you have time to take the antenna off.

Reactions: Phaedrus
I used to fly under FAR Part 103 and unless they had to investigate an incident they weren’t interested in weather your aircraft met the requirements. They didn’t have the time or the resources to run around and inspect them all. The FCC is the same. Besides if they were to investigate you have time to take the antenna off.

I agree. About the only time it would come up is in the event of some sort of incident. I know from personal experience with a couple of RC hobby legal cases that the question of legal equipment has come up. Even then, unless there are photos of you with the non-stock antennas at the time of the accident I see no way that you will ever get in hot water.

Hahaha True that! I am currently in Hawaii, and presently annoyed by the H+ slow connectivity, but got lots of footage, and FYI flying with 4Hawks extender. Stay tuned, video to drop soon.

Don't be standing in a wooded area. Besides losing the VLOS, the transmission doesn't like the "blockage" of the trees. I've had to wait for about 15 seconds (which seems like an hour!) for video to come un-frozen before I touched the controls. I agree with Phaedrus about the ability to see it at distance. The older I get, the blinder I am!!!...

Mr Gecko, alas your observation is correct.. From someone older.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430