Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

5 min recording segments????

Reaction score
Hello all!

I just bought the Typhoon H, and i must say it works pretty good. Yesterday I put the new updates which I think it was a must for sure. When I record video footage it does this in 5 min segments. My friend has a Croma and says there is a setting that can offer 5,10 and 15 min setting for recording length. Is there somewhere I can find this setting cause this doesn't make sense to me. I have a DJI standard and it records the whole flight. I must say each craft has cool features.

Reactions: Lumberjack0
Hello all!

I just bought the Typhoon H, and i must say it works pretty good. Yesterday I put the new updates which I think it was a must for sure. When I record video footage it does this in 5 min segments. My friend has a Croma and says there is a setting that can offer 5,10 and 15 min setting for recording length. Is there somewhere I can find this setting cause this doesn't make sense to me. I have a DJI standard and it records the whole flight. I must say each craft has cool features.
That is normal and has no work around known as of yet! Expect to stitch in post production!

Wow! that really is a inconvenience. Thanks for the info....

Its because the format is fat32.

Bill W.
How and what do I need to do to splice the film together? Also do you think this is something in the future they are going to fix in a firmware update?

How and what do I need to do to splice the film together? Also do you think this is something in the future they are going to fix in a firmware update?
You can use any editing software

Bill W.

If you have windows....movie maker can work. On mac....use imovie. Then just put the clips in order they were made...it should work.

Bill W.

But if they could make it work with ntsc format...then it would be as long as you need.

Bill W.

Reactions: Joe22
I meant ntfs

Bill W.
O.K. will try NTFS (although I have my doubts). I am used to the 4GB chunks on the widely spread FAT32 standard formats. Video applications like surveillance cameras also use exFAT preferably for long form internal video storage...

O.K. will try NTFS (although I have my doubts). I am used to the 4GB chunks on the widely spread FAT32 standard formats. Video applications like surveillance cameras also use exFAT preferably for long form internal video storage...
I dint think the cam will work with ntfs

Bill W.

Nothing will work! DJI, All the companies and cameras do the same, I am sure one day it can be resolved!

Nothing will work! DJI, All the companies and cameras do the same, I am sure one day it can be resolved!
I have a DJI standard and no matter what format 1080 or 2.7k it runs the full length of the 22+ flight. It might be different on a 4k camera though?

I'm pretty sure my P4 and P3 don't have this limitation but I certainly won't stand you down on it.

I'm pretty sure my P4 and P3 don't have this limitation but I certainly won't stand you down on it.
I have the P3 just the standard version not the advanced or pro, and i get video from liftoff to landing.

If your DJI platforms do film the full length, please let me know what equipment you are using, because I have had no luck whatsoever!:confused:
its just the 499.00 out of the box DJI standard. Iv'e done a lot of mods to it but nothing to the stock camera that it comes with. So your saying the advanced and the pro film in 5min segments? Cause not sure about those.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval