Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

5 volt for USB-connection

Reaction score
Hi,

Is there any 5 Volt suitable from the drone, for USB-connection to have my external Flir Camera (E6) and an Intel Stick connected to it ?
The Intelstick and flir have nothing to do interact with the drone. It is only the power I need ...

I noticed a free cable inside the battery-box. Could, that be used (with some soldering) ?

Hi,

Is there any 5 Volt suitable from the drone, for USB-connection to have my external Flir Camera (E6) and an Intel Stick connected to it ?
The Intelstick and flir have nothing to do interact with the drone. It is only the power I need ...

I noticed a free cable inside the battery-box. Could, that be used (with some soldering) ?
The best thing would be to use a portable battery charger for a cell phone, they are at 5v usually, but it will add weight that will shorten the flight time so be cautious.

There is a 5 volt system but it is very small and will only power the electronics on the H. You would need to add a 15v to 5v step down regulator or use a small 1s Lipo.

Reactions: RkamilC
OK, and where to connect we these on a H520 ?
It would require opening up the H520 and tapping into the main battery voltage to feed the voltage converter.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I do not recommend opening the machine up if your not comfortable adding wiring/soldering etc... get some large (2") shrink wrap for electrical applications and an old cell phone or rc car remote battery... as small as needed, to account for the added weight (decreased flight times). and make your own usb converter pack to zip tie to the machine. then just plug your camera plug into the pack.

It should look something like this when done.

Attachments

• 12V-20AH-kit.jpg
    12V-20AH-kit.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval