Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What business aspect do you struggle most with?

• Advertising & Marketing

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Regulations

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Locating quality jobs

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Repeat business/jobs

• Payment terms and collection from clients

• Total voters
Reaction score
We just launched part of our drone pilot job board on 9/1 ( www.drones4hire.com ). We want to expand on this platform with the drone pilot in mind. What business resource tools, services, or features would assist you in your drone business? Would you like to be able to keep records and jobs organized or how about a better job searching engine? We're open to all feedback and suggestions to make this platform better for YOU, the drone pilots!

Like our Facebook page and add us on Twitter !

We just launched part of our drone pilot job board on 9/1 ( www.drones4hire.com ). We want to expand on this platform with the drone pilot in mind. What business resource tools, services, or features would assist you in your drone business? Would you like to be able to keep records and jobs organized or how about a better job searching engine? We're open to all feedback and suggestions to make this platform better for YOU, the drone pilots!

As a Independent Pilot, just getting started, I find it difficult to find steady work, I think do to needing more Marketing and "getting" the word out in my area and to perspective clients! Are you hiring pilots?:rolleyes:

Reactions: Ddraiggoch

Filled out everything as "Drone Pilot" but it kept hanging up on the last page :(

How long did it take from the time you submitted online a week? two weeks?

I tried to submit online (IACRA) the day I took the test (8/30) but had to wait the 48 hours for it to appear in the FAA database. (In order to link the application)

Once that was done (Sep 1st) I kept going back to check on the application.

I noticed that it was forwarded to registry on the 2nd.

The application actually was marked as "temporary certificate issued" so I expected an email.

None appeared, still hasn't.

This morning I went to look again and I noticed on the IACRA - APPLICANT CONSOLE in the Existing Applications area and the certificate type box there was a little green button labeled "Temporary Certificate"

By clicking on this I was able to print it out.

upload_2016-9-9_11-2-2.png

Incidently :(

Do I read the FAA page right?

Are we not supposed to contact the ATC for permission to fly in B, C, D and E airspace but to file electronically with the FAA for a waiver (90 days before)??????

Yes! It's a new procedure, but not out till October!

So, for instance, a realtor asks for some images that are within the airspace of an airport (any airspace regulated airport .... B, C, D or E) we will have to wait up to 90 days for permission to fly in it?

Any realtor worth his salt would have sold it by then surely?

Hey DroneClone - We are currently accepting drone pilots for the client jobs that we receive. To to honest, we don't have enough pilots to handle the demand. I had to turn down a clients job a shorty while ago today, due to al the pilots in the area being booked up! It was flying a banner at a festival tomorrow night, with her budget range from $1500 - $2500. Once our platform (drone pilot phase and client phase) is fully launched, we will be creating a Preferred Drone Pilot list. This list will be made up of the top pilots on our platform, based on jobs, client feedback, and reviews. Shortly after, we plan to start hiring contracted pilots directly under us.

Please let all your drone colleagues know about us, as we need more pilots to complete the jobs we are receiving.

Ddraiggoch - Did you receive the "confirmation" page after you registered? You gain full access to your dashboard and the jobs board, please verify your account through the email that was sent to you. If you to PM me I can check in the system for your account details to make sure you are all set!

Regarding the 107, our CEO took his exam and is currently waiting for the FAA to send his hardcopy. It took awhile for his temp to show up online. Are either of you thinking about applying for any waivers?

As a Independent Pilot, just getting started, I find it difficult to find steady work, I think do to needing more Marketing and "getting" the word out in my area and to perspective clients! Are you hiring pilots?:rolleyes:

Have you registered on our platform? One of the many things that set us apart from the other companies out there trying to do similar things, is that we do a very extensive advertising and marketing for you. To elaborate further on this, we have an in house sales team that meets with clients, performs demos, goes to various industry trade shows, conferences, etc. These efforts bring clients to our platform, which results in professional and quality drone jobs!

In the next couple weeks we are running a contest that will allow 13-20 winners to showcase their work in a video showreel on the homepage of our platform. Company name/logo will all be included in this! This is just one of the many ways we strive to provide top notch jobs for our drone pilots.

Reactions: DroneClone
Have you registered on our platform? One of the many things that set us apart from the other companies out there trying to do similar things, is that we do a very extensive advertising and marketing for you. To elaborate further on this, we have an in house sales team that meets with clients, performs demos, goes to various industry trade shows, conferences, etc. These efforts bring clients to our platform, which results in professional and quality drone jobs!

In the next couple weeks we are running a contest that will allow 13-20 winners to showcase their work in a video showreel on the homepage of our platform. Company name/logo will all be included in this! This is just one of the many ways we strive to provide top notch jobs for our drone pilots.
I will check it out! Thanks- Look for Aerial Angels

Last edited:
Waivers?

It is beginning to look like we'll need a boatload of them things!

The waiver to flight at night is getting approved at a rapid rate. On the FAA site they are listing all the waivers and for what companies are receiving the approvals. We're starting the process for night flying waivers for our company.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval